- Perform experiments towards completion of the specific research aims of the ongoing projects and the overall goal of the laboratory.
- Provides data analysis and interpretation.
- Prepares technical reports, summaries, and protocols.
- Maintains clear and accurate laboratory records, inventories and logbooks.
- Performs data entry for research projects, and maintains databases.
- Maintains compliance with established laboratory safety and other procedures.
- Supervise and guides lab technicians with respect to the maintenance of mouse colonies, preparation of laboratory solutions and chemicals, and ordering of lab supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong research background in cell molecular biology and protein chemistry
Proficient in recombinant DNA and cell culture techniques
Skill in use of confocal and epifluorescent microscopes
Knowledge of human and mouse genetics
Ability to work effectively and collegially with colleagues
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Ph. D. degree in a discipline related to Cell Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Mammalian Genetics or Neurosciences with 0-3 years experience as a postdoctoral fellow.
Minimum Experience: 5- 8years of laboratory research experience
Physical Capabilities: Long periods of standing and sitting; handling various chemicals; work with experimental mice.
Work Environment: Laboratory environment.