1. Design and perform experiments towards completion of the specific research aims of the ongoing projects and the overall goal of the laboratory. Carry out rigorous analysis of the data derived from the experiments, make intelligent observation and meaningful interpretation of the analysis.
2. Maintain mouse colony, care for actively breeding mice, and conduct mouse experiments expeditiously. Also expected to keep detailed records on mouse usage.
3. Stay current on all relevant research topics from the literature.
4. Prepare technical reports, develop new laboratory protocols and research summaries.
5. Maintain clear and accurate laboratory records, inventories and logbooks.
6. Perform data entry for research projects and maintain appropriate databases.
7. Maintain laboratory solutions, chemicals and lab supplies, participate in ordering supplies in collaboration with the rest of the Rotty lab.
8. Provide guidance to junior lab members with respect to learning new laboratory techniques, trouble-shooting experiments and general questions about University regulations.
9. Maintain compliance with established laboratory safety and other procedures.
10. Provide leadership in the proper disposal of infectious and hazardous materials.
11. Provide quality control, troubleshooting and the maintenance of specialized reagents and equipment.
12. Maintain supplies in the laboratory and keep the laboratory area neat and clean.
13. Interface between the laboratory and other collaborators at the University.
14. Interface between the Department and the laboratory, help organize shared equipment and space.
15. Actively participate in departmental and institutional seminars, journal clubs, and meetings.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Doctoral degree
Minimum Experience: 5+ years of laboratory research experience