Responsible for initiating and carrying out research projects in collaboration with a research team, to include:
- Formulating clinical research questions on topics such as functional movement, balance, cardiovascular fitness, prior injury history, and musculoskeletal injury risk related to military training.
- Conducting statistical analyses using existing databases to address formulated research questions, as above.
- Assist in designing, developing, executing, and implementing scientific research and/or development.
- Preparing abstracts, reports and peer-reviewed research publications using data from existing databases.
- Assisting with project logistics planning and the development and management of project databases.
- The conduct of clinical field-based research, including but not limited to collecting, organizing, and analyzing data gathered from ongoing military research protocols.
- Other specific duties as requested by primary investigators, in accordance to general standards and skill base for Research Analysts/Post-Doctoral Fellows.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Well-developed clinical, analytical and problem solving skills and excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform statistical analytical techniques, independently, and in collaboration with study investigators, to answer clinical research questions related to ongoing research projects.
- The ability to prioritize tasks in order to meet timelines and deadlines
- Must be organized, very flexible and able to work under limited supervision either as a member of a team or, where appropriate, independently
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and people skills are required
- Doctor of Philosophy in Epidemiology/Public Health, Sports Medicine, Exercise Science, or other related field
- Prior work experience in sports medicine, exercise science and/or strength and conditioning
- Clinical research background, experience in daily operations of clinical research studies, or working as a research assistant strongly desired
- Experience with database management and statistical analyses using SPSS and/or STATA
- Strong interest in evidence-based clinical research, with a desire to present at relevant national meetings
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Ph.D. in related scientific discipline.
Minimum Experience: 2 years of clinical research.