Postdoctoral Fellow (Cancer Therapy)
- Performs and manages state-of-the-art cancer drug screen and cancer biology experiments that includes cell culture, in vivo models of prostate cancer, molecular biology and biochemical approaches in support of drug development in the context of prostate cancer. Manages and meets the time lines of tasks as defined by the Scientific Director.
- Develops high impact scientific publications and that will support major grant applications.
- Technologies may include but not limited to in vivo models or prostate cancer, cell culture models, required for therapeutic molecule screening and development, kinase assays, preparation of expression vectors, protein purification, RNA sequencing, base line bioinformatics of gene expression analysis, immunobloting, quantitative PCR, FISH and immuno-histochemistry, (including frozen and FFPE tissue, blood/serum and urine specimens).
- Performs specialized prostate cancer research projects focusing on therapeutic developments in prostate cancer. Works as a member of the multidisciplinary team of cancer biologists, medical-and bio-informaticians, pathologists, urologists, and epidemiologists.
- Uses state-of-the-art bioinformatics in the context of prostate cancer drug discovery and development.
- Designs, develops, executes and implements scientific research. Maintains detailed electronic records of experiments under CPDR standard operation procedures (SOPs).
- Develops innovative assays that can improve the treatment of prostate cancer.
- Develops and/or acquires new technologies from other laboratories as needed for specific projects.
- Strictly adheres to laboratory and institutional SOPs established by CPDR/USU, JPC, WRNMMC and HJF.
- Prepares project progress reports, study protocols for in vivo prostate cancer models, scientific presentations and manuscripts for publication. Coordinates all regulatory requirements for the assigned research projects.
- Provides collaborative assistance to other research scientists that require the incumbent's expertise.
- Performs other research support activities as required by the Scientific Director or designee.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Strong knowledge and hands on experience in therapeutic drug discoveries and development including in vivo cancer models and cancer cell biology models; ability to analyze and interpret data and bring new ideas and technology; ability to draft manuscripts and protocols. Excellent communication skills, ability to work independently. Ability to troubleshoot technical procedures.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: PhD in cancer biology, molecular and cell biology or related scientific discipline. Strong track record of relevant publications.
Minimum Experience: 1-3 years of postdoctoral experience in therapeutic drug development, cancer biology, in vivo models of cancer molecular and cell biology or related scientific discipline.