Hudson River Trading is looking to hire a Post Trade Developer who has a passion for using their unique skill set to make the lives of those around them easier and more efficient. In this role, you will be responsible for automating and developing our post trade systems, including position management, accounting and finance reporting, and database management. As a Post Trade Developer, it will be your responsibility to work closely with multiple teams, including Finance and Accounting, Business Development, Middle Office, and Operations to understand end-user needs and communicate effectively around project feasibility and timelines.
Key responsibilities will include leveraging your technical skills to design and create new report automation, performing report maintenance and customization, and developing new tools and dashboards to provide impactful tools and insights into financial and operational data.
- Architect and design enhancements for our global trading post trade system, mainly using Python.
- Extract, review, analyze, and reconcile data from multiple databases, servers, and platforms.
- This role requires strong communication as it will require working closely with other teams like Accounting and Finance to understand needs and adapt to changes in priorities.
- Work on tasks with a variety of time scopes: quick fixes to existing processes and long-term direction setting.
- Maintain and improve existing internal and external processes
- Understand and reason about a large variety of data sources, minimizing unnecessary complexity but providing complete solutions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 2-5 years of software development experience, ideally in the financial services industry.
- Effective communication, both verbal and written, is a must.
- Working experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Python programming experience.
- Mastery of multitasking and extraordinary time management skills.
- Ability to navigate large interconnected projects while still paying close attention to details