BetterUp is currently seeking a senior, innovative, experienced, and highly trained applied behavioral scientist passionate about unlocking human potential through coaching. BetterUp's SBS will engage with C-suite and VP level executives at Fortune 1000 companies to design novel, transformational coaching programs for their employees. The SBS will be expected to build rapport with senior-level executives, advise them on best-practice behavioral solutions to organizational challenges, and strategically manage the relationship using a consultative approach to present solutions mapped to BetterUp offerings. SBS are also responsible for translating research insights into practice insights for our prospects and customers through marketing, consulting, and thought leadership.
BetterUp's SBS will serve as an expert advisor and contributor throughout the post-sales process. They will provide subject matter expertise to support account managers in educating current customers about BetterUp's scientific methodology, and in partnering to design additional custom deployments to help their client achieve their business objectives. They will support that customer as their Chief Behavioral Officer, consulting in support of expansion opportunities, business outcome studies, and potential research projects.
In addition, our SBS may participate in innovative research efforts to advance the science of coaching and behavior change. In these efforts they will partner both internally, with in-house researchers and with world-class external academic teams, on the design and execution of groundbreaking studies, filling gaps in the knowledge base supporting BetterUp's work.
At BetterUp you'll have the opportunity to work side by side with talented, motivated, and intellectually stimulating colleagues who thrive on helping organizations solve their most pressing behavioral business challenges.
- Collaborate seamlessly with account managers to advance prospects to purchasing decisions; and with engagement and relationship management to execute on the organizational solutions that the SBS designs.
- Translate research insights into practice insights for our customers through marketing, consulting, and thought leadership.
- Demonstrate consistently excellent performance educating our customers on the scientific value of our product, our model, our analytics, and our approach.
- Leverage multiple disciplines to create innovative, flexible organizational coaching solutions that both meet the needs of each prospect or customer, and suit the goals of our business. SBSs should be able to translate across multiple behavioral disciplines (leadership development; organizational psychology; positive psychology; behavioral economics; cognitive neuroscience; motivational science) to create one of a kind, best-in-class solutions for our prospects.
- Partner with the product and operations teams to help translate customer needs into product solutions.
- Contribute to innovative research in partnership with both internal and external experts in order to advance the science behind our work.
- Create and deliver workshops and/or presentations that bring to life the science and practice of BetterUp's research and solutions.
- Display poise and expertise in high-stakes conversations to inspire buyer confidence.
- Demonstrate unerring responsiveness to internal customers, including account managers (AM), marketing, product, and coach operations.
- Professionally nurture external relationships with customers over time to support renewals and expansions.
- Tell powerful stories with data, displaying excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effectively explain complex scientific concepts to lay people in the form of clear, polished presentations.
- Think creatively and interdisciplinarily, crossing academic silos to inform innovative solutions.
- Develop a deep understanding of BetterUp's coaching service and wraparound technology platform.
- Learn continuously to stay on your edge in the relevant scientific literature.
- Flexibly solve prospect challenges, and optimize for business constraints.
- Collaborate without ego, be willing to take on small tasks and large.
- Hold a doctorate from a top-tier university in one of the following fields: psychology, cognitive neuroscience, education, behavioral economics, psychiatry (if MD), organizational leadership, organizational development/change.
- Minimum 5 years of consulting and/or internal experience, ideally within an HR department or equivalent.
- Successful experience creating and guiding novel behavioral initiatives for large organizations.
- Coaching experience a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated desire for continued learning and development across different academic disciplines.
- Willingness to travel 30% time on average.
- Full coverage medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- "Volunteer days" to give back to your local community
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement and promotion
- Flexible work arrangements.