?We are looking for Post Anesthesia Care Unit Registered Nurse / PACU RN for our client in San Diego, CA
Job Title: Post Anesthesia Care Unit Registered Nurse / PACU RN
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Contract?? 12 Months
- Required: CA RN license.
- BLS/CPR (AHA).
- PALS (AHA).
- Critical Care experience
- Prefer 1 year Pediatric PACU experience, but will take adult PACU with Pediatric experience.
- 2 years travelexperience.
- Possible standby/on-call; based on department needs.
- PACU 38 beds (pre Op 16) NP Ratio 1:1-2; D/C area 1:3-4. Airway mgmt/vents/extubation/pain control/ cardiac monitoring/fluid and electrolyte mgtmt/discharge instructions.
- All RN staff. Shifts flexible/possible on call.
- Functions at the Standard Level of nursing practice.
- Responsible for independently applying the nursing process through the assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation of pediatric patient care.
- Selects and administers the appropriate care taking into consideration the age and developmental level and size of the patient.
- Provides a caring relationship that facilitates health and healing. Should be able to identify own limitations and seek resources as needed.
- Standards of Care.
- Clinical Skills and Judgment.
- Caring Practices.
- Facilitator of Learning/Clinical Inquiry.
- Advocacy/Moral Agency/Response to Diversity.
- Collaboration and Communication.
- Systems Thinking School Education · Associate's Degree (Minimum) · Bachelor's Degree (Preferred) Area of Study · Area of Study in a Field Related to the Position.