- Drive the technology strategy, software solution architecture, and solution pattern development and application to deliver high impact, timely solutions to the business.
- Apply knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and understand how the solution architecture layers (hardware, operating system, database, network, business rules, user interface, etc.) impact the solution design and user experience to deliver high quality solutions to the business. Due to the speed of technology change and evolving business needs, this role will have to adapt to a high degree of change.
- Accountable for ownership of department level solution pattern/template development required to meet the needs of a business line or department, and the in-depth business knowledge of a specific line of business required to understand business needs.
- Create value added solutions that fit a specific business area's needs and solution portfolio.
- This role typically reports to a Senior IT Manager or Director – Information Technology.
Framework General Profile and Scope
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- May lead teams or projects with high resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Solves complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions where change is needed
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional teams or projects
General Engineering (50%)
- Drive "how" to build solutions optimizing techniques and methods for development speed and consistency by applying knowledge of the business unit, industry standards, technical architecture, and emerging technologies
- Create and design new solutions, applying theoretical principles of computing and mathematics in order to analyze, test and assess software solutions
- Software Pattern Development and Maintenance
- Create high-quality departmental frameworks and patterns used by developers to create solutions in a systematic, controlled, and efficient manner.
- Drive patterns that deliver speed to value (i.e. support automated testing, drive consistency and reuse)
- Focus on security and reliability needs of the solution
- Apply knowledge of emerging technologies
- Integrate existing patterns and industry standards to create custom CMFG standards.
- Apply in depth knowledge of a product, product line, and business unit. For example, understanding the sales process and why a customer would purchase or not purchase a product, demographics, geographics, marketing strategy, user environment, etc.
- Apply in depth knowledge of project methodology, maintenance requirements and documentation standards in solution design
- Apply knowledge of all aspects of the system life cycle, from specification, analysis and design, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Evaluate end user needs before designing and testing new solutions to meet those needs. This may involve conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, analyzing and developing flow charts, models, diagrams and algorithms.
- Apply knowledge of all levels of the technical architecture stack to optimize the performance of the solution to meet the business need.
Project Execution and Technical Leadership (25%)
- Assist developers in applying established frameworks appropriately to solution development needs
- Anticipate problems with all phases of solutions development, deployment, and usage.
- Understand and participate in the entire solution from ideation and visual design through the SDLC, lifecycle activities such as extending or updating a system, planning retirement of a system.
- Recommend IT team project structure that meets the speed, agility and quality needs of the project
- Lead development teams in all phases of the SDLC in highly complex, strategic business projects
- Mentor developers on new frameworks, technologies, techniques, and methods.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture on solution option feasibility analysis to ensure departmental solutions align to enterprise architecture goals
- Share ideas, knowledge and concepts across the organization
Research and Strategic Roadmap Work (25%)
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Create technology feasibility models through research and Proofs of Concept (POC).
- Work with Enterprise Architecture and Sourcing to identify and procure needed licenses for software or hardware required to support evolving technical and business needs
- Partner with IT Owner and business to drive the overall solution portfolio roadmap for the department or business unit
- Identify areas for improvement across the departmental application portfolio and integrations with those systems.
- Apply knowledge of solution total cost of ownership (TCO), extensibility to meet evolving needs, and means to dispose of the solution via clear migration paths, to drive direction for overall solution lifecycle roadmap
- Share ideas, knowledge and concepts across the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Systems Engineering, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent trade-off in professional related work experience.
- Minimum of seven years IT experience including demonstrated proficiency in the last 3 years in at least one of the following:
- IT/Business Processes and/or SOA in the financial services industry,
- Infrastructure/Technical Architecture,
- Business Systems Applications Architecture,
- Information/Business Intelligence Architecture,
- Minimum of three years IT project leadership (e.g., Technical Team Lead) experience of large scale, complex, high risk, high visibility IT projects.
- Demonstrated superior knowledge in industry standard business and technology process best practices, tools and methodologies.
- Understanding all aspects of the software life cycle, from specification through analysis and design, to testing maintenance and evaluation of the product
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team in the application of a new structured development process through all phases: (concept, execution and implementation) at a departmental and project level.
- Demonstrated knowledge in requirements engineering, software architecture, software testing, and software deployment. This includes how the software or solution interacts with the entire technical architecture to deliver the required business function
- Able to integrate the software development model with a given project management methodology such as Agile or waterfall or hybrid, to influence the velocity and quality of the end product
Job Id: R-003719