Core competencies for this role include:
- Owning and managing the daily operational processes (e.g. investment mandate monitoring, regulatory trading requirements, investor-driven trading requirements, trading universe changes, capital activity management, FX hedging, corporate action processing, amongst others)
- Analyzing existing portfolio operations processes for capability gaps or areas of improvement and recommending scalable solutions to improve efficiency and enhance controls.
- Assisting the team with implementation (new/enhance existing) of systems/processes which includes documenting requirements, testing and supporting rollout to the stakeholders
- Coordinating with modeling, portfolio management, engineering, and corporate teams on support issues and improvements to operational tools and processes
- Providing support with tasks outside day to day operations such as performance monitoring, reporting/metrics, procedure/controls documentation and escalation policy enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record, preferably in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, or related discipline
- 5-8 years of operations experience preferably at an asset management firm, prime broker, or fund administrator
Skills and Requirements
- Strong operations and support mentality, with ability to identify potential gaps or problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks and suggest potential solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities.
- Advanced Skills in Excel and MS Office; database, and SQL experience preferred and coding is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of financial markets, the investment lifecycle, and electronic/algorithmic trading systems is a plus.