Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Portfolio Representative - Fresno, CA, are to:
- Focus on customers and build positive relationships;
- Penetrate systems/accounts and identify key decision makers and effectively navigate their buying process;
- Contact on a regular basis, present and prospective customers to promote and sell Bayer corporation pharmaceutical division's products in order to attain or surpass assigned quotas and objectives;
- Establish and maintain an effective relationship with physicians, nurses, ancillary personnel, pharmacists and hospitals to sell Bayer corporation pharmaceutical division's products and provide information;
- Create territory plan including goals and resource allocation (coverage, grant/education proposals, etc.) for key customers;
- Utilize Extrinsic Value Selling (EVS) skills and resources in assisting customers with their business;
- Team with customers as a business partner-proactive in seeking out potential customers, maintain knowledge of long term trends and patterns to create account business plans;
- Gain formulary acceptance/compliance with small/large system accounts;
- Communicate complete reports (sales, market information, competitive activity, ideas for new products, promotional activities, technical inquiries, etc.) to division sales manager and the home office or as assigned;
- Maintain a scientific understanding of all products and clinical paper;
- Perform special assignments, i.e., attending sales, medical and association meetings as assigned;
- Control expenses within a defined budget, maintain and protect assigned company property, handle expense reports, IT tools and stay current on product information;
- Follow pharmaceutical compliance code.
Who you are
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Five years of sales or equivalent customer experience;
- At least two years of directly related experience;
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Degree in a Biological science or related discipline.