Industry: Financial Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 269 days ago
North American Credit Cards and Merchant Services (NACC&MS) organization was formed in Fall2011 and brings together the credit cards and merchant services businesses in Canada and the US. TD’s credit card products are distributed through theretaildistributionnetwork in the U.S. and Canada; on a national basis in Canada leveraging direct responsechannels; and, through hundreds ofpartnership programs withfinancial institutions,retailers, non-profit organization, sports teams, andother third party organizations. In addition, TD offers private label financing in the U.S. and Canada. With the acquisition of the MBNAportfolio in2011, TD’s credit card business is now ranked among the largest in Canada and among the top10 in North America based onloans outstanding. TD’s Merchant Services business provides merchants in Canada and the U.S. with a full range of payment processing services and solutions. TD provides merchant acquiring solutions to some of the largestretailers in Canada.
ThePortfolio Analyst performs a varied range of analysis from multipleinternal and external sources and provides ongoing information and intelligence to the Product Management team. Core responsibility will be managingportfolioanalytics for the Acquisitions Strategy & Execution for US Bankcards.
• Performs a varied range of reporting requirements and analysis from multiple internal and external sources and provides ongoing information and intelligence to the team
• Supports team by integrating and translating all sources of information for reporting
• Completes data import/transfer and provides quality control of input by others.
• Sources, identifies and monitors key project/ portfolio metrics.
• Develops and maintains solid and effective working relationships across the organization with stakeholders to elicit required reporting information.
• Monitors and analyzes the effectiveness of communication methods the intended audiences.
• Identifies opportunities for process improvements in reporting.
• Assists in ad hoc projects
• Leads the planning, creation and maintenance of more complex analysis requiring a broader understanding of Bank concepts and analytic techniques.
• Performs data extracts from a variety of databases.
• Independently directs work flow.
• Often represents the group in cross functional teams, coordinating work both within and outside the department.
• Strategic focus is more medium to long term.
• May supervise assigned staff and/or mentor less experienced analysts.
• Makes recommendations to the business regarding risks and opportunities based on various analyses performed.
• Works to provide required backup and cross training within the group.
• Utilizes analysis and research to identify opportunities for the organization to more effectively maximize revenue or control expenses.
• Manages data gathering / collection in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
• Ensures data, reports and analysis reconcile to Finance, where applicable.
• Proactively identifies unusual variances.
• Manages the flow of data to / from external vendors as required.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years related experience required
• Demonstrated database background /skills
• Experienced with complex financial modeling and advanced analytics.
• Requires specialized / advanced database skills in order to perform more complex analytical functions
• Excellent communication / presentation skills, both verbal and written with ability to translate information so that users can effectively understand and make meaningful, informed decisions and recommendations.
• Demonstrated project management skills with ability to develop, facilitate and bring to successful conclusion.
• Ability to develop project plans, works independently and effectively under time constraints within a fast paced environment to deliver results by critical deadlines.
• Ability to build business and technical relationships as well as other business partners.
• Demonstrated PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite (strong Access & Excel skills a must) with an understanding of database design and troubleshooting
• Data driven with strong analytical capabilities preferred
• Portfolio Analyst experience preferred
• Financial / Credit Card experience preferred
• Direct marketing execution and new customer marketing experience preferred
• Creative planning, strategy and digital marketing experience preferred
• SAS with SQL programming experience required