About the role
The Nutanix Portfolio Products Specialist Leader is an overlay technical field management position that leads a team of Portfolio Product Specialist Engineers who serve as a resource to drive adoption and expansion of the Nutanix Portfolio Products. Currently, the Nutanix product suite includes 10 Portfolio Products, segmented into four categories: Data Center, Dev Ops, Desktop, and Hyperconverged Infrastructure.
In this role, you will have leadership responsibility and will act as a working manager. It is expected that you can perform many of the functions that a Nutanix Portfolio Product Specialist does, including running 201+ level solution evaluations, orchestrating large deal structures, providing competitive knowledge, and driving expansion opportunities. You will report to the Director of Systems Engineering and will act as the Systems Engineering resource for the West Enterprise field sales team.
About the team
Our Americas Portfolio Specialist organization is made up of around 25 specialists across 4 teams. This group supports over 360 salespeople and 300+ technical sales engineers to drive the adoption of our Portfolio Products. Our Portfolio Specialist team is responsible for supporting an ever-growing set of Nutanix Portfolio Products.
- Assist Portfolio Product Specialists with selling new software subscriptions with-in an established territory in an overlay capacity with an adopt and expand methodology for rapid growth.
- Implement analytical and operational methodologies to track growth and pipeline against team goals with operational effectiveness in order to effectively meet quarterly quotas for our Portfolio Products.
- Provide an escalation point for pre-sales to the Portfolio Business Units for issues that arise in the territory.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers in the territory.
- Act as a floating Portfolio Product Specialist and fill in for existing team members if there is a resource conflict or vacation coverage.
- Orchestrate complex deals structures with competitive knowledge, use case strategies, and expansion opportunities
- Support the field SE and AE team in strategic Portfolio opportunities, solution evaluations, and competitive knowledge.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and leaders in the territory, such as Business Development and Channel, to develop strategies to introduce new products into the account base.
- Management responsibility for Portfolio Specialists team in the territory including recruiting, mentoring, training, expenses, quarterly check-ins, escalation conversations, etc.
- Ability to travel about 50% of the time within the region.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Pre-Sales Engineer, Post-Sales Engineer, overlay product specialist, or an equivalent technical position. Prior management experience (3-5 years or more) is highly desirable.
- You possess deep knowledge of the virtualization and storage markets as well as design capabilities.
- You have strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- You are a humble leader with a bias for action.
- You have experience selling a new technology within an established territory for product adoption and expansion
- You operate with a ‘whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever is necessary to assist in closing a deal.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field (or equivalent work experience). MBA is a plus.