UFG can offer you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially-stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. UFG was named to the “2016 Top Workplaces” list by The Des Moines Register, and was also included on the Forbes’ America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” list for 2014, 2015 and 2016. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
UFG is looking for a Portfolio Manager to join our investments group. The Portfolio Manager will oversee and manage all aspects of front office trading and portfolio management. Invest new cash flows to meet return and risk objectives. Manage investment portfolio to maximize investment income within well-defined risk parameters. Monitor investment portfolio for credit risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk and market risk. Be informed about new investment products; strengthen relationships with sell-side analysts, strategists and brokers to obtain best execution. Maintain files, NAIC reporting and other procedures per regulatory requirements. Presentations to rating agencies, investors and agents. Special projects (401k presentations, computer lease/buy analysis
- Based upon Federal and State regulations, buy and /or sell suitable investments for the investment portfolios. Interact with sell-side brokers to assess prices and risk factors for equity, fixed income and structured securities in order to achieve best execution. Understand and apply relative value analysis in the context of buy / sell decisions.
- Perform research on, and communicate macroeconomic and capital market trends and themes. Perform thorough assessment of portfoliorisks on an ongoing basis.
- Create reports based upon data gathered from different portfolios and outside market sources to better present risk and return attribution. Present findings to officers, directors and key constituents within the company.
- Usually, serve on the 401(k) committee, ERM committee and perform other daily tasks, as needed.
- Required: Bachelors degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or economics
- Preferred: Master’s in Business Administration, along with a CFA designation
- At least five years of portfolio management experience, with progressively increasing authority levels