In this role, you will be responsible for underwriting, credit monitoring, and managing a large and complex portfolio of Commercial/Corporate Banking relationships.
- Manage and monitor a large and complex commercial or corporate bankingloanportfolio and relationships by analyzing financial data to determine the merits of specific loan requests and make formal recommendations and presentations to Commercial Relationship Manager and Credit Administration.
- Partner with the Commercial/Corporate Relationship Manager as the point of a contact for the client; acting as a liaison to the Credit Department, the Commercial support staff and other internal business partners.
- Manage the renewal process by working with the Relationship Manager, the client and the credit department.
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
- Attend meetings with customers; expand existing relationships by assessing customer needs and proactively promotes and cross markets bank products and services, and keeps client informed of special promotions.
- Partner consistently with other internal business partners to uncover opportunities to deepen the client relationship.
- Work on large and complex problems requiring in-depth evaluation of client information.
- Ensure the loanportfolio is properly risk rated. Make decisions on loans and terms within established lending limits or refers these issues to next appropriate level of authority. Analyzes credit to determine the ability of customers and prospective customers to qualify for ensuing borrowing requirements.
- Complete annual loan reviews on each credit in the assigned portfolio.
- Conduct due diligence/analysis with new client relationships as appropriate.
- May provide advice and counsel to clients regarding trends and conditions of the business environment, capital markets and general banking trends.
- Monitor loan repayment activities and financial condition of borrowing clients and take necessary action to collect past due accounts and ongoing repayment ability of all other accounts.
- Monitor industry trends and analyze specific industry trend data to identify potential areas of risk in the loanportfolio.
- Participate in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the region's marketplace.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or accounting or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of relevant commercial lending experience and/or prior experience as a Commercial/Corporate Banking Credit Underwriter or Relationship Manager.
- Expert knowledge of commercial underwriting, credit monitoring and portfolio management.
- Extremely strong relationship management and business development abilities, analytical and problem-solving skills, strong sales skills and credit and credit quality skills.
- Advanced understanding of credit policy and procedures and can accurately risk-rate loans/credits, evaluates both cash-flow and collateral-based loans/credits.
- Expert knowledge of commercial bank products and services that result in successfully capitalizing on all opportunities to cross-sell the bank's products.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Extremely strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to exercise sound business judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage customer relationships.
- Ability to partner effectively with team (i.e. Commercial Relationship Manager, Underwriter) and Credit Administration.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
- Advanced proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to train and present to small and large audiences