This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a U.S. Citizen for consideration. Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Position to be based out of Herndon, VA.
BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. Blacksky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), US. Army, Navy and U.S. Air Force.
- Preparation of Technical and Cost proposals to ensure contract award on favorable terms to the customer and the company
- Develop and execute an efficient program plan that meets all program objectives
- Develop a staffing plan to ensure that fully capable team is in place to meet program objectives
- Provide timely reports to the customer consistent with program deliverables
- Provide at least monthly updates to the business leadership that tracks program execution highlighting any risk or critical milestone objectives
- Develop and maintain a risk mitigation plan to ensure that program objectives can be satisfied
- Track and report program expenditures. Carefully monitor all costs that are assigned to the program to ensure that they accurately reflect valid incurred cost
- Meet the financial objectives of the program by meeting or exceeding projected revenue and profitability goals based on timely, effective management and cost control
- Monitor the performance of each person supporting the program. For employees, be prepared to support their annual evaluation process and career progression. For subcontractors, continuously monitor their performance and use timely oversight to ensure they are completing their assigned tasks.
- Work closely with the Contracts Manager and the Financial Analyst to monitor key program metrics
- Other related tasks as required
- Achieves excellence in the execution of all company programs.
- Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas.
- Reinforces team approach throughout development cycle.
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization.
- Work with the business development team to identify growth opportunities on current programs or adjacent programs where BlackSky has the opportunity to provide additional products and services to meet customer requirements
- Participate in bi-weekly opportunity pipeline reviews and provide updates to risk and timing estimates
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
- Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Maintains lasting client relationships.
- Ensures that we consistently deliver superior technical solutions to clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience in the geospatial industry delivering program solutions
- Knowledge of cloud computing and hybrid architecture systems
- Knowledge of Information Assurance requirements and implementation techniques
- Active TS/SCI
- Knowledge of MS Project
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.