$250K — $500K+*
The role of the Portfolio Manager is to lead and direct investment decisions within listed real estate portfolios with the objective of providing credible investment performance on behalf of retail and global institutional clients. He/she conducts and assists in leading investment team research, works with trading to ensure efficient execution, supports marketing with client presentations, and provides ongoing client service and reporting.
You will be responsible for:
• Voting member of Investment Management Committee.
• Evaluate changes in real estate market conditions relative to impact on portfolio holdings and potential investment opportunities.
• Work with analysts daily to prioritize research agendas.
• Review and approve analyst financial estimates and company fundamental ratings.
• Determine property sector and country target weightings relative to real estate fundamentals and benchmarks.
• Meet and communicate with sell-side and buy-side analysts and account representatives.
• Communicate with company management, conduct company meetings and property tours.
• Coordinate portfolio administrative issues with account managers.
• Review daily portfolio trading activities.
• Assist account managers and client service in preparation of quarterly client reports.
Portfolio Construction and Maintenance:
• Develops and implements investment process for the management of portfolios consistent with investment strategy / maintains portfolios consistent with client guidelines and objectives
• Knowledge of investment context and market economics:
• Understands and identifies how markets have performed historically and utilizes this information in developing investment strategies.
• Understands the impact of changes in macro economic variables on financial markets.
• Utilizes knowledge, both micro and macro, to identify investments that will outperform the market.
• Tests and challenges ideas with analysts to ensure quality of analysis.
• Understands the components/contributors to historic performance.
• Incorporates the elements of investment risk into investment decision making and the client and overall levels.
• Adheres to guidelines and constraints.
• Presents investment information to clients, prospects and consultants:
• Explains portfolio strategy, reasons for out/under performance, Invesco views on the market, and portfolio risk.
• Demonstrates excellent presentation skills backed up by quality presentation materials.
• Shares, reviews and presents investment information internally:
• Pursues, identifies and shares investment opportunities with colleagues.
• Communicates ideas clearly to investment colleagues verbally and/or in writing.
• Sufficiently self-confident to be able to recognize own biases and to re-evaluate previous decisions dispassionately.
• Achieves and maintains credibility with investment colleagues
Compliance Awareness/Knowledge and Business Knowledge:
• Evidences up-to-date knowledge of relevant regulatory and compliance issues.
• Understands and closely adheres to Invesco Compliance policies and procedures.
• Keeps up to date on investment market trends, techniques and tools that add value to the investment process.
• Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of relevant investment theory.
• Understands trading and investment operations functions and their impact of own actions on them
The experience you bring:
• At least 15 years of work experience, preferably focused within Listed Real Estate markets.
• This job requires a university degree with advanced degree preferred (i.e. MBA, PHD)
• Professional designations/associations strongly encouraged (e.g. CFA)
• All applicable licensing (Series 7, 63, etc)
• Strong leadership, communication, and computer skills are also essential.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
• Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
• 401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
• Health & wellbeing benefits
• Parental Leave benefits
• Employee stock purchase plan
Valid through: 7/9/2021