Job ID #: 16935
We are seeking a portfolio manager for our Financial Institutions team to help manage portfolios for affiliated and unaffiliated Insurance companies. The candidate should possess strong trading and/or credit research experience, which will be the building blocks to becoming a generalist PM.
• Manage investment portfolios for Insurance clients in a risk intelligent manner.
• Work with other FIG Portfolio Managers to determine the investment objectives for the portfolios, fully reflecting PIMCO’s broader investment themes/strategies and the unique circumstances of the FIG clients.
• Partner with credit research and traders to source bonds (predominately 10-30 year IG Corporates) to meet massive reinvestment and premium flow of our Insurance clients
• Contribute to the broader PIMCO investment process by contributing relevant market color and independent analysis/research.
• Ability to service high profile clients and handle the vast majority of credit discussions with clients directly.
• Support client franchise by working with account managers to update existing clients on market conditions, philosophy, process and performance.
• Support growth in PIMCO’s FIG business by working with other channel members on new business cultivation, RFPs, finals presentations, external presentations and publications, etc.
• Work with compliance officers and account managers to ensure individual accounts are managed within guidelines and restrictions.
• 5+ years of fixed income investment experience
• Experience in the FIG industry, including familiarity with the regulatory and accounting frameworks a plus
• Strong client facing skills and communication skills, both written and verbal
• MBA and/or CFA a plus
Critical Competencies for Success:
• Ability to develop thoughtful trading strategies for specific objectives and/or recommended alternative strategies for achieving portfolio goals.
• Ability to work across the organization with Portfolio Managers, Traders, Credit Research Analysts and Account Managers in a collaborative manner.
• Manage the information flow from markets to internal constituencies.
• Effective client presentation skills; ability to articulate PIMCO philosophy and process while supporting new business franchise.
Other Personal Characteristics:
• A collegial work style, sense of humor and a thick skin
• Combines strength of convictions with low ego needs
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail, pride/ownership of work and desire to win
• Ability to remain calm and objective in the face of periods of excessive optimism or extreme pessimism in the markets
• Unassailable ethics and integrity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.