Purpose of the Position:
Assists the Austin/North Region's Commercial, Business, Private Banking, and Commercial Real Estate ("CRE") Relationship Managers in administering credit relationships. Directly responsible for the daily management, underwriting, credit approval, closing, and post-closing of existing and potential loan relationships. Primary liaison between the RMs and Credit Administration for the delivery of the credit product to bank clientele.
- Direct underwriting of existing and new credit exposures for Business and Private Banking opportunities. Position will assist on CRE and Middle Market opportunities as experience dictates.
- Maintain capacity through coordinating credit processing of less complex renewals/prospect approvals with the Credit Department and the Consumer Underwriting Department to ensure timely approval and submission.
- Primarily responsible for portfolio management of assigned Relationship Managers, including (but not limited to) reduction of past due loans, timely renewals, minimizing reporting exceptions, monitoring and testing financial covenants, and monitoring collateral exceptions.
- Ability to assist with structuring credit in order to mitigate identified credit risk(s).
- Acts as subject matter expert for credit administration to include training and mentoring of credit analysts.
- Positioned as a key team member of the Austin/North Region's team that focuses on the internal process allowing the bankers to be more effective externally.
- Support the analytical needs of the Special Assets Committee for all Commercial, Business, Private Banking, and CRE loans in the Austin Portfolio.
- Register and maintain registry as a Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and in accordance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act).
- Meet and maintain financial responsibility, character and general fitness standards along with all other established requirements for an individual Loan Originator in accordance with Regulation Z.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to make independent decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and provide support for others
Work Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years experience as a credit analyst, commercial loan underwriter, relationship manager, or in loan review. Experience in a variety of commercial banking credit structures is preferred.
- Strong credit analytical and organizational skills to manage work flow for multiple bankers while meeting transactional deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of an underwriting team.
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college/university
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Business related field and 12 hours of accounting preferred
- Formal credit training
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office products
- Experience with bank core systems including financial spreading software
- Mortgage Loan Origination Eligibility as a Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and Registry and in accordance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act)
This job description is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of duties, responsibilities, or activities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.