Manage the real estate function of the Company's portfolio of existing locations. Responsibilities include lease negotiations, dispositions, and the contractual side of lease renewal, including ensuring key dates are addressed and resolved in a timely and beneficial manner. This individual will work cross functionally with other concepts such as Fresh and Pharmacy, to ensure a smooth role out.
- Present for approval the best or most advantageous terms on a given actionable leasehold event.
- Negotiate and/or renegotiate improved or advantageous economics and other lease terms
- Manage real estate process for implementing new concepts in existing locations
- Verify restrictions, power, square footage etc to determine if concepts such as Pharmacy and Fresh are compatible with our current real estate
- Resolve business issues of the Lease.
- Gather feedback from Real Estate Managers, Operations, Property Management and other departments to assist with decisions.
- Prepare periodic management reports showing cost savings and measurement statistics.
- Prepare and present lease analysis for review of cost saving opportunities.
- Ensure formal procedure for location closing decisions and notification processes are followed.
- Work with Leasing team to leverage new deals and relocations or expansions with key dates, and help them prioritize and focus their time with respect to key dates.
- Meet with landlords to review portfolio and address lease/rent issues
- Build relationships with landlords and other retailers
- Monitor lease notification dates through use of real estate database.
- Able to negotiate with landlords with respect to lease clauses and rent reductions
- Detail oriented
- Able to think strategically to tie multiple issues together
- A minimum of five years corporate real estate experience and/or thorough knowledge of Real Estate law and transactions.
- Strong communications, both written and verbal.
- Proficient with Excel and other systems necessary to carryout day to day duties
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of a variety of real estate markets.
The only predictable thing about life is that it’s wildly unpredictable. That’s where we come in.
When life does what it does best, customers turn to goPuff to deliver their everyday essentials, and to get through their day & night, work day and weekend.
We’re assembling a team of thinkers, dreamers & risk-takers...the kind of people who know the value of peace of mind in an unpredictable world. (And people who love snacks.)