Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is seeking an experienced software portfolio management or program management professional to join our Enterprise Services Platforms Portfolio Management team. As part of our team, you will be responsible for driving the strategic planning and development of financial risk management and regulatory compliance capabilities used throughout PayPal's product offerings.
- Drives strategic planning from idea generation through business case creation and assessment. Partners with business, product and technology leaders to define KPI and cost/benefit projections. Defines quarterly roadmaps to enable the delivery of major enterprise initiatives.
- Leads the definition, prioritization, assessment and sizing of roadmap requests. Drives resource demand versus capacity analysis. Facilitates trade-offs and roadmap commitments across business units.
- Partners with product, engineering, and portfolio leadership teams to align development teams to enterprise initiatives. Ensures appropriate resources are engaged across business units. Helps define creative solutions to address resourcing challenges.
- Monitors health of initiative delivery. Tracks roadmap-level status, issues and dependencies. Proactively addresses delivery impediments. Resolves roadblocks to enable successful execution. Facilitates executive-level escalations and initiative change management.
- Manages executive communications ensuring stakeholders are informed of roadmap planning, changes and delivery progress. Leads initiative reviews with stakeholders and executive management as required.
Required Experience, Skills, or Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of portfolio management processes, tools, templates and techniques
- Extensive experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in fast-paced, change intensive environments
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills, with the ability to work across organizational boundaries to drive closure of complex development challenges
- Strong business and technical acumen, including the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges across multiple levels and disciplines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the confidence and credibility to effectively engage and interact with senior and executive management
- Hands-on experience with multiple software development methodologies, including a solid understanding agile delivery practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum 8 years of experience managing technology portfolios and programs in complex operating environments
- Previous payments industry or financial products experience
Preferred / Plus:
- Previous experience delivering technology solutions involving financialrisk management or global regulatory compliance
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.