As the IT Portfolio Manager, you will work directly with the PMO Leadership team, Program Managers and PMO Analysts to assure the integrity of the project portfolio and that project information is maintained and available for planning and forecasting. Provides direction in setting goals and performance of the program including project planning, execution, functionality, quality, cost, staffing and resource allocation. The PMO Manager will utilize PMO expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure program goals and requirements are met.
- Managing staff responsible for all aspects of program and project management for strategically important initiatives.
- Assisting with PMO governance duties, including reporting, threshold assessments and assessing and monitoring health of key projects.
- Provide consulting and expert guidance on all phases of program and project delivery, including business case development, financial impact analysis, project scoping, risk assessment, monitoring and delivery.
- Directs decision making, communications, problem resolution, and otherassociated activities during all phases of large and complex projects using a proactive and positive approach.
- Develops business case documentation, including cost benefit analysis and/or return on investment analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field or equivalent training/experiencerequired.
- 8 – 10 years of related work experience
- Solid understanding of Project Management methodologies and principles, and relies on strong technical and analytical skills.
- Experience working in a PMO or change management capacity, including delivery and design/oversight.
- Expert level skills relating to project management theory, tools and practice.
- Extensive background in PMO, driving enterprise level programs involving numerous organizations.
- Strong analytical and organization skills (planning, prioritizing) are critical to this position
- Communication skills (written, verbal, listening), as is the ability to successfully adapt to diverse people and situations, manage conflict, proactively resolve issues and complete assignments on time.
- Experience working with large scale multi- disciplined programs in a management/supervisory capacity.
- Experience changing PMO services from traditional Waterfall methodology to Agile.
- Thorough knowledge of project management principles and system development lifecycles.
- Proficiency using MS Project Server, Jira or PPM Solutions.
- Insurance industry experience and in-depth knowledge of insurance operations.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies