Successful incumbents have excellent customer service skills, strong communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver verbal and written presentations, strong attention to detail, drive for results, decision quality, dealing with ambiguity, presentation skills, business acumen and negotiating skills.
Portfolio and Risk Management:
* Retains and manages existing loan portfolio supporting four Relationship Managers. Takes ownership of all reviews and renewals for existing credit customers; portfolio includes complex accounts.
* Formulates an opinion of whether such relationships should continue to be an acceptable risk.
* Decides loan terms and conditions, if within own credit limits or makes recommendations to appropriate authority.
* Develops and maintains direct relationships with customers including an effort to call/contact; target a minimum of twice per year in person contact.
* Provides oversight and guidance to credit support in underwriting for renewals and reviews. Provides qualitative input for RECAP creation.
* Works in conjunction with manager to prepare for and present at loan committees and credit quality reviews as applicable.
* Coordinates with Loan Closers to facilitate closing of renewals or amendments.
* Adheres to Risk Management policies and guidelines, i.e. regulatory compliance, portfolio and credit quality, and portfolio management.
* Assists with monitoring existing loans to ensure compliance with terms of loan agreement and recommends corrective action on variances.
* Identifies & resolves operational and credit issues with loans held in portfolio.
* Manages all non-loan credit and product risk products for existing clients, including treasury (ACH, Business deposit capture, etc.) approvals and documentation.
* Manages ad hoc and regulatory reporting within existing portfolio [both internal and external requests].
* Monitors, tracks, and assists in the collection of past due loan payments, exceptions, overdrafts, and maturing loans.
* Provides day-to-day servicing of portfolio including credit risk monitoring.
* Conducts interviews to develop information concerning the nature of the customer's business, financing or other needs.
* Provides informal team leadership responsibilities in support of the GM.
* Identifies and closes appropriate incremental financial solutions with the goal of retention and expansion (cross sales).
* Retains existing portfolio and associated profitability.
* Promotes public bank image by being involved in meaningful community and business development activities, as appropriate.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Travel is not required for this position.