We are currently seeking a Portfolio Manager to be responsible for ensuring compliance with SBA requirements, confirming satisfaction of approved credit requirements as well as recognizing and proactively resolving problems in the closing process to ensure accuracy and completion of all necessary loan documents. In this highly visible role, you will work closely with Loan Officers, credit department, clients, attorneys and brokers throughout the process to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all information.
Come work with us. Work in a place where hard work is rewarded. Where you make a real difference. Where the people you work with treat you like family – because that’s exactly what you are.
What you need to bring…
An interest in SBA Lending and Commercial Banking and working with people, building relationships and providing the best customer experience possible is essential to this role.
Portfolio Manager Core Responsibilities:
- Manage collections of past due loan payments, lapsing insurance, past due property taxes, document exceptions and other loan issues.
- Prepare loan modifications and servicing action requests for approval, obtain and review legal documents ensuring renewals and modifications are properly documented.
- Coordinate collection and review of financial statements, tax returns, rent rolls, PFS, loan document exceptions and other documents as required by annual reporting requirements.
- Daily customer interaction through email, phone and site visits to address routine servicing matters and/or other related issues.
- Perform site visits and annual customer reviews on designated accounts.
- Attend designated training classes each year.
- Determine early warning signs of clients at risk and work with them to develop and execute an appropriate plan to mitigate risk
- Comply with all bank policies and procedures as well as applicable state and federal regulations.
- A minimum of three (3) years of Portfolio Manager experience in managing commercial loan accounts, preferably SBA loans.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Advanced knowledge of SBA loan structuring, underwriting, documentation and credit.
- Thorough understanding of risks (market, rate, leverage, etc.) as it applies to the lending process.
- Strong knowledge of loan agreements, assumptions, accounting, loan structuring, and collateral procedures.
- Experience in identifying documentation risks, addresses, and /or negotiating them to resolution as well as determining when to elevate risk situations to the appropriate individuals.
- Knowledge of SBA 7a, 504 and CAPline programs, requirements, and loan documentation extremely helpful.
- Formal Credit Training is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift frequently.
- Exceptional analytical, organization, problem solving and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of federal and state banking regulations.
- Working knowledge of Small Business Administration Standard Operating Procedures desired.
- Strong ability to work in a team based environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Office, Word and Excel, PowerPoint, and financial forecast models.
- Strong analytic and reasoning skills.