The Carlisle Group has been retained to seek a talented Portfolio Manager / Bond Trader for our client's organization. Our client is seeking an individual to manage their Bond Trades and support the overall investment team. Our client is rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best and is a multi-line property casualty insurance organization that offers home, life, auto, car, farm and business insurance to its customers.
Reporting directly to the Director of Investments the selected individual will be responsible for the broker dealer market trading bonds and municipal funds and be responsible for helping to manage the over $4.1 Billion in fixed assets.
Identify fixed income securities for purchase/sale consistent with portfolio investment strategies; monitors IPS compliance; manages the liquidity position of the Company's entities; performs portfolio level analysis for one asset class or multiple portfolios. Maintains process documentation to ensure procedures are current, accurate and implementable.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
- Portfolio management responsibility for multiple asset classes (i.e., Corporates, Municipals and Securitized Products) andone or more portfolios; proactively identifies investment opportunities and conducts risk/return analysis for consideration.
- Uses risk/return analysis to make specific investment decisions.
- Assists with monitoring of IPS compliance. Demonstrated ability to apply finance and investment management theory.
- Trains, mentors and supervises Interns, Specialists and Analysts.
- Performs other related duties and prepares special reports as requested by Director of Fixed Income.
- Prepares and occasionally presents standard Board Investment Committee reports (i.e. annual reviews, custodian reviews etc.).
- Makes standard investment recommendations to management, Board Investment Committee and Benefit Committees
- Responsible for daily broker interactions required to manage the liquidity position of the Company's portfolios. Maintains active contact with knowledgeable security brokers who take the time and effort to understand the Company's investment goals and objectives, and who can adequately supply appropriate securities.
- Responsible for ensuring audit requests are handled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures process controls are in place and executed in accordance with documented procedures.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in finance or other related studies required. A Master's degree preferred.
- A Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years related investment experience required; 5 years preferred.
- Basic knowledge of stock, bond and commercial paper required.
- Ability to multi-task and analyze a variety of investment strategies.
- Advanced experience with Excel spreadsheet functions and database tools required.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills required.
- Proficiency with Bloomberg Investment System preferred.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Goal-oriented and possesses the ability to prioritize on a consistent basis in an ever-changing environment.
- Strong leadership orientation with superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with many cross-functional internal and external partners.
- Collaborative problem-solving skills and a natural investigative mind set.
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically, while maintaining a results-driven approach.
- Unquestionable integrity and the ability to handle sensitive issues.
- Demonstrate a high degree of financial acumen.