Arbor, a real estate investment trust that invests in a diversified portfolio of multifamily and commercial real estate-related loans and other real estate-related assets, is recruiting Portfolio Managers for our Buffalo, NY office. The ideal candidate possesses knowledge of commercial real estate and underwriting principles to monitor a portfolio of commercial real estate loans in order to assess portfolio quality, identify areas of risk, evaluate long-term viability and performance and pro-actively mitigate potential loss.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for managing the performing Agency Portfolio consisting of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD, and conduit loans. Portfolio management serves as the first line of defense in managing and maintaining the credit quality of the portfolio.
The Portfolio Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Loan document review and interpretation
- Identify areas of risk and evaluate long term viability of loans
- Responsible for timely satisfaction and compliance with Investor requirements
- Responsible for completing quarterly financial analyses to evaluate projects performance and discuss with borrowers any substantial variances noted
- Conduct Physical Property inspections, as required by the investor, in order to evaluate property condition and follow up on any deferred maintenance observed
- Complete Risk Ratings as a means to proactively mitigate potential riskassociated with each asset within the portfolio
- Prepare Action Plan on any loans placed on the Watch List and transferred to Loan Surveillance
- Request and review documentation relative to any Escrowed Reserves including Replacement reserves, Completion and Immediate repairs, Capital Improvements, Re-stabilization Reserves, Insurance losses, Easements, Partial releases and any other issues that may arise to determine and recommend release of funds
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance or a related discipline.
Three to five years’ experience in finance or related field. Exposure to real estate, risk and financial analysis, valuation of commercial real estate properties, underwriting or asset management, client relationship management, distressed loan workouts, capital markets and property rehabilitations is desired.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on teams in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Loan servicing system experience a plus