Altamonte Springs, FL
Industry: Real Estate & Construction•
5 - 7 years
Posted 109 days ago
FirstService Residential is currently looking for a Portfolio Manager with ProjectManagement, Construction Defect, and Building Renovation experience.
Minimum of 5 year required experience.
Perform functions to manage, direct and provide leadership to multiple assignedproperties/book of business. Ensure properties are maintained and operated in accordance with company objectives and facilitate solutions to problems between communities and internal support staff, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide management and leadership to assigned properties and book of business. Collaborate with Regional Director to develop goals and communicate established goals. Ensure the goals and needs of the properties, company and its customers are consistently met.
2. Manage the functions of a team within portfolio properties while maintaining standards of excellence for processes, methods and personnel. Manage the process improvement and quality control of the properties and ensure quality resident service is delivered. Assign schedules and review the work of portfolio staff in accordance with contracted portfolio hours. Ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner and prioritize and delegate workload as necessary on multiple levels. Align resources towork assignments and processes to meet business requirements and contractrequirements. Provide leadership and direction and assist in the investigation and resolution of internal and external problems and concerns.
3. Partner with Regional Director, Board of Directors and internal departments todevelop and lead the introduction and integration of new programs, services and initiatives. Act as liaison to ensure quality service is delivered, that Board expectations are met and to assist in prompt response and resolution toquestions/problems. Establish and maintain a positive relationship with homeowners, Board of Directors and internal departments to ensure a high level of resident service and achievement of company and property goals and objectives.
4. Maintain knowledge and understanding of the contracts between the associations and FirstService Residential. Ensure all contractual obligations are being met basedon book of business.
5. Initiate contact with new resident representatives to coordinate the move-in process. Conduct an introduction and orientation to the management staff and building, reviews available services, and explain the communities' rules and regulations. Performs inspections of all common grounds no less than once per week, taking note of any deficiencies followed by the preparation of action plans for the entire book of business.
6. Process architectural control applications and close them out in a timely manner.
7. Oversee all construction projects and ensure property maintenance/improvement and other related projects are completed on time and within budget. Maintain open communication and provide timely action updates to the Board and residents.
8. Create, maintain and upload a wide variety of information in FSRConnect including but not limited to work orders, signed meeting minutes and Monthly Management Report for the entire book of business. Fulfill all company Connect compliance expectations throughout the year.
9. Interview, select, recommend, hire, train and schedule assigned portfolio staff. Ensure proper coverage and staffing levels for the entire book of business. Provide direction to staff and assist in the investigation and resolution of problems. Recommend personnel actions, promotions, transfers, terminations, or Page 2 disciplinary measures. Manage the Performance Evaluation process of assignedunit and provide leadership, counseling and coaching to associates. Maintain harmonious associate/employer relations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (Cont.)
10. Oversee training and cross training programs and ensure all direct and indirect associates are aware of and comply with company, government and customer regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions and deadlines. Participate in training programs and webinars as required.
11. Observe safety standards and participates in the Company's efforts to provide a safe work environment. Conduct periodic safety meetings and ensure staff is trained and educated on safety procedures. Adhere to and maintain established Hurricane procedures. 12. Address Worker Compensation incidents according to company policy.
13. Maintain calendar of meetings and events and initiate and /or attend a wide range of internal and external meetings. Prepare and conduct a wide range of presentations as needed.
14. Provide financial support with a wide range of functions. Review financial statements and report variances; submit invoices to CAS in a timely manner and review invoices/checks for accuracy before presenting to the BODs.
15. Recommend and manage the multiple budgets for the functional area of responsibility based on book of business. Monitor expenses, initiate cost reduction programs and negotiate prices with vendors. Ensure property expenses are maintained within budget.