Portfolio Management & Project Assurance Officer - St. Louis, MO
Rabo AgriFinance LLC ("RAF") is a leading financial services provider for agricultural producers and agribusinesses. Solely focused on agriculture, RAF is backed by Rabobank, a Dutch-headquartered global financial services leader and one of the world’s 25 largest banks, with over $900 billion in assets and operations in 45 countries. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. With over 40 offices across the U.S., RAF provides clients with knowledgeable local teams and exclusive access to global market research in a variety of sectors, including grains and oilseeds, livestock and specialty crops.
The Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) is a corporate function within the Chief Operating Officer domain. It provides a range of project and program management and assurance services to support the North America Executive Team’s (NAET) decision making and oversight for the combined portfolio of the combined entities’ (Regional, Rural and Wholesale) critical projects, and the effective and efficient coordination and delivery for those initiatives. The EPMO serves as a trusted advisor, employing strategic insights, sound governance and leading best practices to support Executive decision-making and enable delivery excellence.
The Portfolio Management and Project Assurance is an arm of the EPMO. Its core function is to oversee, align, track and provide consistency to important bank-wide initiatives, assuring that objectives and efforts are prioritized in sync with the Bank’s strategy and requirements.
The PMPA Officer report into the PMPA Senior Manager. The Officer will:
- Support the mandate of the EPMO function by adopting core facets of Rabobank’s global PMO framework, and will assure fit-for-purpose and best practices for project/program management in North America.
- Independently assess project management planning and execution progress across the Bank’s portfolio.
- Provide regular, clear communication on important deadlines, progress and issues to senior management, work stream leads, project leaders, and stakeholders.
- Maintain a central administration framework to track the Bank’s project portfolio/program that includes resource and cost tracking and play a major role in the regular convening of NA’s Project Portfolio Committee (PPC), a subset of the NAET.
- Ensure projects/programs adhere to project management & corporate frameworks as well as the corporate governance standards and processes of Rabobank. For certain major initiatives, the Officer will work closely with and support 3rd-parties providing independent assurance.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Develop good knowledge of Global Value Chains, NA business strategy and functions (IT&Ops, Finance, Risk, Compliance, etc.) in order to support critical governance discussions and drive decisions/requirements
- Partner with key stakeholders across departments to establish a foundation for successful projects/programs, including intervention where initiatives are running into difficulties
- Develop good relationships with functional teams and project managers across NA
- Interact with PMO colleagues, work stream leaders and external resource providers (consultants) in order to ensure timely reporting cadence within program governance bodies
- Coach/train, project practitioners and promote learning & development of PM and EPMO skill-sets
- Undertake project assurance activities during project lifecycles that align with accepted Rabobank’s project guidelines - including templates, registers and capture of lessons-learned
- Support project and quality assurance functions (external to PMO) in promoting quality in the delivery of projects
- Maintain central view of major projects/programs across the enterprise
- Play central role in submissions and agenda of NA Project Portfolio Committee (PPC)
- Develop and automate efficient, streamlined PMO reports/dashboards where needed
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all RAF & Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
CULTURE & VALUES
- Actively & consistently demonstrate RAF’s Eight Cultural Practices.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to quickly assimilate sufficient business and technical content to form understanding of project/program scopes, objectives, and success criteria
- Ability to play an effective ‘challenger’ role
- Some experience working with Audit and 3rd party independent assessors
- High comfort level with project plans and critical assessment thereof, including critical path and dependencies
- Ability to assist with scoping and planning any remedial efforts as may be required over the course of the program (including program contingency planning)
- Bachelor’s degree plus 7+ years of relevant work experience, including project and risk management related to IT, operations, infrastructure and data quality projects
- 2+ years cross-functional PMO and project/program assurance experience
- Experience working in a commercial/wholesale banking environment
- Agile Dev Ops, Six Sigma and Prince2 practitioner-certified, PMP or other equivalent accreditation
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo AgriFinance offers an inspiring work environment with enthusiastic professionals. The culture is characterized by entrepreneurship, personal development, and ambition. The employment benefits are excellent.
Reference Number RAF00709