The Portfolio General Manager will provide executive leadership and direction to ensure the success of the graduate division of 2U, Inc. He/she will be responsible for developing new business opportunities within the University partnerships in their region, as well as overseeing the General Managers and those University partnerships in the region. The desired candidate must have an entrepreneurial approach to building and sustaining effective partnerships and business operations
- Manage team of General Managers and University partner relationships ensuring we have the right relationships in place with senior administration to foster growth of programs and expansion within university.
- Effectively build and manage relationship with multiple University partners. Act as the relationship manager for the 2U organization and leverage the relationship to assist with maintaining efficient operational processes and building new business opportunities.
- Partner with peer Regional GM’s and the Program Excellence team to create consistent practices and approaches across all our partners and programs.
- In partnership with Regional GM’s and Program Excellence, develop and implement professional development program for General Managers and Program Operations staff. With a solution-oriented approach, apprise the SVP, Program Management on program issues and initiatives within the portfolio.
- In partnership with Finance develop pro formas, P&L models and forecasting for new programs within portfolio.
- Measure performance of P&L of 2U operations related to the graduate programs within portfolio company goals and establish targets for improvement.
- Oversee implementation of strategic plans across the portfolio including marketing/sales, support services, and content development.
Things That Must Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; Advanced degree preferable.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience managing external clients/partners and leading large scale internal operations
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role and at 2U:
- The desired candidate must have an entrepreneurial approach to building and sustaining effective partnerships and business operations.
- Record of success in building and sustaining effective partnerships with executive level professionals (Dean or Provost in collegiate environment).
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others. Proven success in a matrix management environment.
- Confident decision making abilities.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment.