Job Code: 10250-0123LR
HealthTrust (www.healthtrustpg.com) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation. Members include approximately 1,600 acute care facilities and more than 26,000 non-acute care sites.
Job Summary – The Portfolio Director is responsible for maintaining knowledge of the Lab and Radiology contractportfolio and communicating the benefits and value of that portfolio to both internal and external audiences.
The contractportfolio managed includes:
- significant spend categories that are sole or dual source and require conversion activity or extensive implementation and management, or
- mostly categories greater than $25m in spend, or
- categories that are highly sensitive to members (e.g. operationally sensitive), or
- categories that are complex, requiring detailed explanation of features and benefits, and how products compare between suppliers.
The Portfolio Director must have an in-depth knowledge of the contracts, suppliers, and products in their portfolio.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Communicate contractportfolio benefits and value to multiple audiences including Advisory Boards, suppliers, and HealthTrust Senior Leadership.
- Manage, maintain and improve the performance of the contractportfolio, both operationally and financially. Portfolio includes critical and highly committed sourcing types that require extensive implementation and/or conversions.
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers. Including but not limited to: resolving customer issues (pricing, locs, product complaints, etc.)
- Develop strategies and tactics to promote contractportfolio.
- Thorough understanding of sourcing process (market research, development of strategies and requirements, engagement with the boards, contract awards).
- Ability to recognize additional cost saving opportunities or new product category coverage opportunities and elevate opportunities to department leader.
- Assess market and supplier dynamics to determine possible sourcing strategies for contract renewals. Collaborate with contract negotiator on strategy development as contract bid cycle begins.
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships.
- Proactively monitor member contract compliance to the assigned portfolio.
In addition to basic supplier relationship management, the Portfolio Director will strategically foster excellent working relationship with strategic suppliers that may cross business units (e.g. J&J, Medtronic). Individual must know and be able to use knowledge about supplier to develop strategies, create leverage, mitigate risks, anticipate direction of the market and potential supplier direction.
Includes, but not limited to:
- interpretation of Supplier SEC filings, annual reports, or analyst reports
- discussion of future product pipelines with suppliers and customers
- occasional site-visits to supplier/provider to review current or future technology
- investigation of new supplier entrants to market
- Accredited College Bachelor's Degreerequired.
- Preferred: RN
- 7+years of relevant workexperience, which includes but is not limited to:
- contract/portfolio management
- overseeing supplier relationships
- account management of a client where duties include implementation or support related to a contractportfolio.