The Senior Portfolio Data Analyst conducts analyses of the entire Bank’s loan portfolio to access portfolio risk based on geography and type of loans and helps to strategize on improving the department’s techniques for evaluating the risk of the loan portfolio. Is responsible for monitoring quality assurance of data, prepares, interprets and provides findings in report format to Senior Management.
- Prepare and provide written memorandum to Senior Management summarizing the key findings of the portfolio data analysis.
- Develop new reports utilizing Business Objects for credit analytics group, and update reports on a quarterly and monthly basis.
- Act as a mentor to Portfolio Data Analysts and help develop their skills in reporting and analytics.
- Maintains quality assurance of the Company’s loan data by assessing the accuracy of the output, random sampling and conducting periodic data verification reviews.
- Identify causes of data issues when they exist and make recommendations to improve the Company’s processes to resolve issues.
- Evaluate templates related to commercial loan approvals or loan processing and make recommendations on updates or enhancements to these templates to improve the data collection process.
- Responsible to interact with all levels of staff across the organization and regulators in a prompt and professional manner.
- Work closely with Credit/Officer/Mgr., Sr on other projects and responsibilities as business needs arise.
- A minimum of five (5) years of data analysis work in a professional setting environment
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, MIS and/or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to present deliverables in a concise, complete and professional format-demonstrating research, analysis and conclusion.
- Proficiency in MS Microsoft Office products is required
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) highly desired
- Advanced analytical ability to perform simple/complex mathematical calculations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate prior working experience creating reports from large amounts of data is highly desired, preferably in Business Objects.
- Ability to write analytical memo documents for submission to Senior Management
- Excellent interpersonal, professional and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, results-oriented and lead projects as needed.
- Prior related experience working in the Banking industry is a plus.
- Leadership Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Strategic Planning and Execution
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
- Ability to work independently on tasks and meet established deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.