Portfolio / Business Relationship Manager Summary of Position: The Portfolio / Business Relationship Manager is responsible to assist in the development of IT Strategy and ensure it aligns to the outcomes of the Business Strategy. They are also tasked with directing the provisioning of new and enhanced services as per requirements of the business. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a primary contact for business for the business unit stakeholders and service delivery expectation management.
- Translate the business strategy into technology strategy and ensure that capabilities required by the business are supported.
- Engage with the business partners to prioritize BU-specific projects and programs.
- Coordinate with the Strategic IT services lead to ensure alignment with overall IT strategy and capabilities.
- Liaise with the business units to align with business strategies and initiatives with the IT strategy.
- Maintain the demand management process for new proposals with overall responsibility for steering these proposals through the early approval phases.
- Assess budgetary requirements and prepare the budget in alignment with strategic initiatives / objectives.
- Prioritize pipeline of business demand on an ongoing basis and ensure demand aligns with investment plans and IT Strategy.
- Collaborate with Resource / Demand Managers to ensure availability of resources to meet demand to deliver projects.
- Manage and direct the activities of up to three direct reports.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field required / Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in managing relationships with internal business customers.
Physical Requirements: This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Portfolio / Business Relationship Manager to have the ability to operate a motor vehicle, climb stairs, operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 50 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Additional Requirements:
- Strong communication, presentation & leadership skills.
- Skills and experience with strategic planning and prioritization.
- Capability of developing strong customer focus.
- Understanding in capturing user requirements and translating into needs and imperatives.
- Strong knowledge of service development, delivery, operations, and relationship management.
- Experience with financial and budgetary planning processes.
- Ability to effectively interact with business counterparts and understand the business environment.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.