Responsible for conducting both fundamental and applied research into polyolefin-based polymer systems and applications with the goal of developing new and novel products for a wide range of different market segments. The position will reside within the Global Chemicals Technology organization and will be located in Baytown, TX.
Primary Job Functions
- Develop fundamental understanding of polyethylene product relationships between molecular structure, processing, and properties aimed at developing new products and applications.
- Progress new projects to commercialization using rigorous stage / gate process.
- Provides expertise and consults for major troubleshooting and quality improvements of commercial operation at customers and ExxonMobil Chemical polymer manufacturing sites.
- Participate in global, cross-disciplinary scale-up and commercial operation teams to ensure smooth technology handoff and product commercialization.
- Strong interface with Global Marketing Organization, Polyolefin Business teams, Manufacturing, Gas phase polymer process Technology and Global Chemical Research organizations.
- Identify and acquire capital equipment / technology required to scale-up products from laboratory / pilot scale to commercial applications.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, Materials Science or related degree
- Demonstrated expertise in statistics, analytical techniques and problem solving
- Proficient in use of computers and possess excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.