As Polymer Chemist, you would be responsible for the following:
- Develop formulation and processes for new products in the lab. Investigate raw material substitutions for existing products. Transfer these to the field and manufacturing in an efficient and timely manner.
- Lead, plan, coordinate, delegate, execute and report on new polymeric adhesive and coating development projects from concept to manufacturing to full commercialization.
- Interface with production facility to perform the necessary plant trials to prove feasibility of new products and processes, and to provide technical support to manufacturing.
- Liaison with material suppliers for supply of equipment, chemicals etc crucial for advancing the development programs.
- Maintain laboratories and equipment in clean, safe and operative condition. Participate in safety and 5S programs in CR & D. Ensure lab materials and routine equipment are in adequate supply.
- Maintain up to date records in the lab book and issue timely reports.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The qualifications, skills and experiences that make you a fit for this role are:
- You possess a MSc or PhD degree in chemistry or chemical/Material engineering with polymer background
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a chemist in a research and manufacturing setting.
- Track record of executing fundamental chemistry research from idea generation to commercialization.
- Extensive knowledge of anti-corrosion coatings, epoxies, and adhesives and keen interest in the oil and gas pipeline market.
- Deep fundamental understanding of a broad range of polymer chemistries, polymers adhesive, coating and polymer compounding.
- Experience with polymer manufacturing, product, and formulation development.
- Proficiency in working "hands –on" with chemicals, mechanical devices, instruments and machines
- Track record of executing fundamental chemistry research from idea generation to commercialization
- Creativity and vision to identify new product opportunities and unique approaches
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and excellent team player