Alternate Locations: Charlotte, NC & Phoenix, AZ
Seeking a driven, inspiring leader who thrives in a fast-paced multi-faceted environment.The Director of the Personal History Interview team (PHI) will report directly to the AVP, Operations and New Business. They will be responsible for leading customer service and new business acquisition through for-cause and age/amount required interviews directly with applicants. This spans the MassMutual Career Agency System as well as Brokerage business. Mass Mutual is continually reviewing process and technology to better meet the unique needs of our clients. This person would be responsible for understanding customer needs and addressing those through process, people and technology to support our ultimate sales plan and customer oriented goals, while growing talent and maintaining expense budgets as appropriate. This role will be heavily focused on talent management and relationship building across multiple areas in the organization in order to deliver a best in class customer experience.
As the Director of PHI, you will be in charge of managing our Net Promoter Score (NPS), manage the production teams responsible for taking inbound and making outbound client facing calls. This role requires strong relationship management skills and an understanding of call center metrics, process and workflow.
This Director must be a forward thinker who challenges how we do business in order to position Mass Mutual as an insurer that is easy to do business with and one that will win against the competition.
- Manages, coaches, and develops supervisory and/or management personnel involved in processing and/or servicing Life New Business policies.
- Assesses, evaluates, and influences customer acquisition, competitive environments, and financial and pricing elements to support management in the execution of plan/goals
- Supports the vision, strategy, and business objectives through partnerships with other functional areas
- Identifies business problems and helps develop innovative solutions
- Leads some interdepartmental projects and provides support on other projects
- Recognized by management as being able to independently support the most complex implementations, works closely with clients and internal implementation partners to ensure a positive and effortless experience.
- Develop and collaborate with internal business partners to deliver client satisfaction.
- Identify alternative solutions to resolve customer service concerns.
- Viewed as a go-to person for resolution of the most complex customer issues and inquiries. Ensures once and done handling of issues where possible.
- Where necessary, go beyond area of immediate responsibility, or escalate issues, while maintaining accountability to ensure appropriate follow through and resolution to achieve best results for customer
- Full people management responsibility including hiring, termination, promotions, performance and compensation management, and learning and development
- Defines, architects, prioritizes and coordinates integration of IVR opportunities to increase self-service, decrease call volumes, and leverage best practices
- Gathers intelligence on top producer challenges and service issues and communicates them to internal service provider to affect positive change.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Customer acquisition experience
- Customer Centricity, Net Promoter Score experience
- Strong knowledge of the insurance industry including underwriting, sales, claims, and pricing
- Strong financial analysis skills and knowledge of pricing principles and financialdrivers
- Exceptional ability to build partnerships with other departments across the enterprise and work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Conceptual, analytical, and independent thinker who is a decisive problem solver
- Strong collaborator with sound business judgment demonstrating the ability to multitask an a high-paced environment
- Demonstrates strong leadership abilities and works without supervision
- Ability to think strategically, assess business risk, and apply creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Distributionbusiness models, processes, and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach, and develop junior level associates
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong knowledge of financial services products, services, and sales culture
- Ability to effectively plan, develop, and execute marketingcampaigns
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access). Experience with Visio and SharePoint is a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s or Master’s DegreePreferred
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Effective interpersonal skills and sound business judgment
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Strong influencing skills
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- 3+ year’s previous people management experience
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills including the ability to prioritize multiple deliverables at varying stages in a dynamic environment