Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube's Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As a Policy Manager for Trust and Safety, you'll be a highly skilled and experienced manager, a natural at context switching wearing multiple hats, and naturally rally colleagues around shared goals. You will manage a team of highly skilled Policy Leads working on diverse content moderation challenges facing the world's largest video platform today. This role will sometimes involve reviewing graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content in line with YouTube's Community Guidelines.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in drafting or enforcing policy for an online platform or engagement with online public policy issues.
- Experience managing a team
- Experience working with global teams and communicating with stakeholders cross-functionally.
- Exceptional written, presentation, and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving ability and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Manage a team of Policy Leads working on multiple controversial content areas, helping to ensure the team sets clear priorities, manages its time effectively, and develops clear and compelling policy proposals for executive audiences. - Be an expert in all of the policy areas under your supervision so that you can support your team members, and guide efficient and effective policy development efforts. - Build and strengthen partnerships with cross-functional groups including public policy, PR, legal, and product.