For the role of Policy Lead, we’re looking for a proven leader who is eager to work cross-functionally and whose success will require seamlessly blending human-centric and analytic problem solving. This leader will tackle difficult content moderation questions, balancing the safety and expression needs of our community and business and operational challenges. This leader will do fast-paced research, writing, and partner coordination, with some irregular work hours to handle safety-related escalations on our service, including weekends.
Role & Responsibilities
- Work as part of a global team to design and implement decision-driven policy enforcement workflows and associated materials for Airbnb and our partners
- Project manage policy projects, including proactive and ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders. Key topics will include (but are not limited to) dangerous speech, content moderation, anti-discrimination
- Identify and action on opportunities to improve alignment of policy enforcement workflows to vision and intent of authoritative policy texts
- Collaborate closely with the global Operations team and other internal stakeholders to improve and maintain feedback loops from front-line policy enforcement activities to policy design
- Design and lead activities to measure efficacy of policies and supporting enforcement activities
- Build relationships with and serve as subject-matter expert and advisor for cross-functional stakeholders across the business including but not limited to Public Policy, Legal, Product, Communications and Business Development
- Research, build and communicate global policies that impact broad-reaching issues of safety and expression
- 10+ years experience in an Operations, Policy, Legal, or Trust and Safety environment; policy enforcement experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing multi-partner projects
- Clear facility with novel and highly abstract ideas; Ability to formulate responses quickly and accurately
- Demonstrated experience problem-solving in demanding environments
- Coordinate team processes, and multiple large projects
- Contribute to investigations of high-profile and grey area policy issues
- Proven ability to set vision and direction for new teams, prioritizing objectives and resources to scale impact over time.
- Demonstrated expertise for breaking down challenging, layered instructions into logical, accessible choices.
- Natural coalition builder, with demonstrated experience leading complex, cross-functional projects in a demanding environment.
- Thoughtful judgment, strategic thinker, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Exceptional presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong time management and prioritization capabilities.
- University degree or equivalent years of work experience (minimum 8 years)
- Occasional global and regional travel required.