Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube's Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As part of YouTube Trust and Safety, you'll be responsible for making the internet safer, protecting free speech and defending our brand. You will build relationships with Legal, Policy and PR stakeholders and will help implement policy solutions to urgent policy issues. As the Policy Escalations Team Lead, you will be responsible for delivering high quality policy support on the most sensitive policy escalations, from external sources (news outlets, regulatory bodies, customers) as well as internal escalations (partners, executives). You'll lead our front line operations on cutting-edge policy issues and are comfortable delivering decisions/recommendations under tight time pressure, often with passionate executives with competing viewpoints.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in internet services, process improvement or customer support.
- 3 years of experience in managing, coaching and developing a team.
- Ability to work differing work rotations/shifts.
- Experience in content policy or anti-abuse operations.
- Experience delivering exceptional customer experience against core metrics, as well as process improvement.
- Experience in crisis management and working in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment.
- Strategic and analytical capabilities, with ability to using data to drive strategy and business action.
- Outstanding influencing and communication skills, with ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners.
- Lead, grow and motivate a team to handle complex customer, press, regulators and executive escalations. - Deliver operational performance across all escalations paths and team members, ensuring that all escalations are triaged, tracked, investigated and resolved appropriately. Ensure team coverage plans during off hours. - Improve processes and performance continuously by analyzing, identifying and prioritizing operational improvement opportunities. Articulate and quantify impact of required tools changes to deliver operational improvement opportunities if needed. - Close the loop on all escalations by sharing observed trends and insights with policy enforcement managers to amend policy guidance. Share and document any identified operational gaps in our enforcement processes. - Review graphic, controversial and sometimes offensive and disturbing video content. Handle policy escalations, which require immediate resolution, from both internal and external stakeholders.