Identify, solicit, and develop new client opportunities in restaurant and hospitality segment within an assigned market. Utilize a consultative sales approach by helping business prospects assess their point-of-sale operating environment and payment processing needs, and deliver integrated, value-add solutions that address those needs. Self-source leads and actively work with the Community Bank Merchant Sales team to identify lead opportunities. Facilitate on-site client product demonstrations and consultations. Identify cross-sell opportunities for other Bank products and services. Educate staff and clients on industry news, trends, and new products and services. Ensure referrals and new business opportunities are addressed in a high quality, responsive manner, striving to deliver the Perfect Client Experience (PCE) with every client interaction
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Lead new business development efforts related to the sale of integrated point-of-sale hardware, software and cloud-based solutions primarily to larger high volume clients.
2. Consult with clients on assessing their business requirements and deliver a proposal that addresses those requirements.
3. Evaluate a client’s payment processing needs and refer any merchant processing opportunities to the appropriate Merchant Sales Consultant.
4. Facilitate product/service demonstrations.
5. Cross-sell new or additional value-added products and services to clients.
6. Support the Bank’s Integrated Relationship Management strategy by identifying and referring other banking services to the appropriate area.
7. Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of all applicable integrated point-of-sale solutions and payment processing products, services, terminology, and industry trends by attending all mandatory training.
8. Successfully complete all applicable certifications and training related to this position.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a technical-based degree, or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of proven sales experience in selling integrated value-added-reseller (VAR) point-of-sale solutions
3. Accomplished interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
4. Self-starter with the ability to self-source leads
5. Ability to work without close supervision
6. Excellent time management skills
7. Solid technical comprehension skills
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Extensive travel, occasionally overnight
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Network Engineering with a minor in Business or Marketing
2. Proven sales experience in selling MICROS or a competitive solution
3. Formal sales training