$250K — $500K+*
Description:Lockheed Martin is looking for an innovative and experienced Systems Architect Senior Manager to design, develop and oversee Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) mission architectures and systems, including complex PNT systems and systems design activities. This highly essential role is key for the successful operation of activities of major significance to the nation’s PNT mission enterprise.
As a Systems Architect Senior Manager, you will:
• Support the Advanced Program Development team with PNT mission architecture decisions, long-term planning, technology insertion plans
• Lead the development and execution of LM Space PNT architectures, roadmaps, and investment plans for next generation PNT missions for US and International customers.
• Ensure assessment and conversion of mission needs/requirements into total PNT mission systems solutions that meet evolving customer needs in threat conditions, while accounting for design and technology maturity constraints,
• Perform as the APD Program Manager for CRAD and other early-life-cycle programs.
• Manage overall execution of APD Special Studies, CRAD, and IRAD
• Manage PNT technology development and transition in coordination with Program Leadership
• Manage key staff assignments, mentoring, and professional development
• Ensure adherence to customer mission needs while leading systems architecture trades and supporting the program teams for future PNT programs.
• In coordination with LM Space enterprise, develop innovative PNT mission systems options and system element architecture, design, and interface definition.
• Continuously translate architecture analysis into action plans and product development roadmaps
• Develop and manage overall budgets, schedules, and performance standards for the PNT AP organization
• Be responsible for staffing and retaining a world class technical team, coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition actions
• Work with Enterprise Centers of Excellence, Supply Chain, and LOB leadership to translate mission and product roadmaps into technology investment and industry partnership decisions
• Develop multi-domain solutions to the PNT mission and work seamlessly to support Military Space and other LM Space lines of business.
• Seek and maintain knowledge of current and developing user requirements, threats, technologies, design, and analysis methodologies
• Develop models and architectural guidelines for current and future PNT mission system development
• Work with Business Development and Government Affairs to coordinate with the PNT customer environment, requirements and architectures.
• Represent the Military Space as primary internal and external contact on PNT mission understanding and mission engineering
• Conduct briefings and technical meetings for senior management, customer and government representatives
• Build successful teams with internal stakeholders, (Business Development and central Engineering), as well as with external stakeholders (suppliers, mission partners and USG laboratories.)
Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering from an accredited university
• Significant senior-level experience in the PNT mission area
• Systems architect experience on a large and complex DoD/IC programs
• Experience demonstrating deep “mission understanding” of the PNT mission area
• Senior-level experience with DoD customers
• Demonstrated Program/Project Management and leadership skills
• Experience with the systems engineering and design process for PNT systems
• Proven ability to lead architectural analyses and synthesis for system of system solutions.
• Highly developed relationships with LM’s PNT customers and senior executives at the program, service, and DoD levels
• Customer interaction and familiarity with DoD Labs/Facilities
• 15+ years PNT industry experience with deep understanding of PNT missions and the GPS enterprise expertise
• Experience in strategy development and critical thinking
• Top Secret security clearance
Demonstrated ability to identify emerging customer needs from PNT capability gap analysis including the management and execution of internal technology investments
• Expert technical writing, proposal preparation, and negotiation
• Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment
• Knowledge of program management, finance, contracts, Earned Value Management (EVM) and demonstrated business insight
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, customers, and leadership
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams and lead multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
• Broad experience of Systems Engineering life cycle process and tools
• Understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) processes, principles and tools
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Systems Engineering or a related field
• Previous operational military experience.
Valid through: 8/19/2020