The Technical Project Manager is part of a larger team that supports a Medicaid Enterprise Project for Alabama Medicaid Agency. This position provides technical advice for transforming the Medicaid Enterprise to a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) design, increasing interoperability of services, standardizing data exchange, and achieving the objectives in the Enterprise Systems Strategic Plan.
The Technical Project Manager will work under the direct leadership of the PMO Program Manager.
Additional duties include:
- Develop and manage enhancements to the policies, processes, and procedures (including improvements to accommodate a multi-vendor SOA environment) related to:
o Solutions architecture assistance
o Develop and maintain a catalog of services
- Document architecture changes required to accommodate enhancements to the Medicaid enterprise.
- Oversee and direct EA project team
- Provide regular project updates, performance and status reports
- Manage EA schedule and deliverables
- Manage Resource utilization and team integration
- Corrective Action as needed Provide bi-weekly status report
- Assess deliverables/artifacts such as Concept of Operations, Technical Management Strategy, Data Management Strategy, CMS Certification Checklists, Risk Registers, System/Solution Architecture, Requirements documentation, System Design documentation, Data Conversion Plans, Testing Plans and associated results, User Documentation, Training Plans, Implementation Strategies, Implementation and Rollout Plans, and Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Plans
- Interview key Stakeholders, including State and Contractor staff
- Document issues and risks based on artifact reviews and stakeholder interviews
- Document detailed findings, risks, and recommended risk mitigation approaches, considering industry standards and best practices
- Make recommendations for improvement of processes based on observations, industry standards, and best practices
- Assess whether the State and Vendors share a common understanding of the project scope, goals/outcomes/requirements, deliverables and milestones
- Assess whether use involvement and buy-in is sufficient for successful adoption of the system or component
- Develop and manage the Design and Implementation Standards for enterprise projects
- Establish a common data architecture and enterprise modeling
- Develop data and interoperability standards
- Develop a Technical Management Strategy that includes a technical management approach, transformation challenges, technical services governance, collaborative governance, current technical principles, and technical goals and objectives
- Prepare or contribute to status reports and agendas for weekly, bi-weekly, monthly meetings
Employee is expected to undertake any additional duties as they are assigned by their Manager.
- 6 – 8 years of experience managing Medicaid or Major Health Care Payer projects
- 4 – 6 years of experience as a Technical Project Manager (project manager of datacenter or infrastructure type project)
- 4 - 6 years of experience managing multi- vendor projects
- 4 – 6 years of experience with Medicaid Enterprise Certification Toolkit and CMS procurement requirements
- Experience with Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA) 3.0 including the maturity matrix and the Seven Conditions and Standards
- Working knowledge of Medicaid Transformation Initiative
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or similar field. Or equivalent work experience
Candidates that do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write meaningful IV&V reports
- Detailed knowledge of Medicaid
- Understanding of Agile development is a plus
- Ability to analyze and resolve difficult logic and processing issues
- Ability to communicate difficult concepts to technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to communicate succinctly and accurately in written and verbal English
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under strict timelines
- Must be a team player and a consistent, dependable performer with an excellent work ethic, flexible "can-do" attitude, and a results-driven commitment to success
NTT DATA Services, a recognized leader in global technology services, has acquired Cognosante Consulting, LLC, the consulting division of Cognosante, a leader in health information technology solutions and services for federal and state health agencies.
As part of NTT DATA, the consulting practice will lead its focus for customers around IT strategy, project management, quality assurance and Independent Verification and Validation services.