Director, Professional Services PMO
Director, Professional Services PMO will report to the Sr. Director, Professional Services PMO. Responsible for supporting the PS Organization, the overall direction and management of projects through designated project managers, their line managers ensuring consistency with corporate PMO strategy, working with customers on driving Agile implementations, delivery excellence initiatives, consistency of process across project and customer satisfaction with contracted deliverables.
- Report directly to the Sr. PMO Director
- Champion the Professional Services organization delivery excellence initiatives (Adaptive Agile, Faster time to deploy, Next gen Skills/tools)
- Supports the regional/global leadership in driving proactive project health. For e.g. supporting Red/Yellow projects and ensuring the Yellow ones turn Green, keeping the Red projects to a minimum etc.
- Maintain a knowledge repository - Leverage best practices and methodologies in Knowledge Management, Track and records lessons learned from projects in order to leverage them in the future
- Perform onsite Customer visits to support PMs to drive delivery process excellence. Should be willing to jump on projects and actively drive/support project teams.
- Contributes to the design, improvement and deployment of project delivery methodologies across the company
- Assists in developing the culture of project management within the company by promoting project management disciplines and structured thinking in dealings with the business areas, and communicating the PMO's contribution to customers getting "value for their money"
- Monitors project progress towards project milestones, deliverables and budget
- Works with global PMO and regional leadership on Project Manager enablement, processes and tools strategies, compliance, planning and execution
- Works with the regional leadership to drive Project Manager training, progress and competency
- Collates project reporting packages for Senior Executives
- Administers project audits and ensures accountability
- Reviews and supports the PMs in evaluation of opportunities, development of project charters, project management plans as required
- Seeks opportunities to share expertise to support JDA client & project management in using existing processes and tools.
- Communicates new content to appropriate project managers and other stakeholders
- Drives/promotes cross-functional teamwork in PM methodology, processes and tools
- Functions as support and advisor on Global Consulting PMO initiatives, and/or leads special Global Consulting PMO initiatives as needed
- Consults with Global and Regional PMO Leads on Project Manager enablement, processes and tools strategies, planning and execution
- Functions as support and advisor on Professional Services PMO initiatives, and/or leads special Professional Services PMO initiatives as needed
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 15+ years of Supply Chain Solution implementation experience, having progressed over time from a hands on role of a Project/Program manager. Should have experience in implementing JDA solutions for Retail/Manufacturing/Distribution customers.
- Experience in collating data and publishing KPI dashboards to executives
- Possess knowledge and understanding of all Lines of Services’ (Consulting, Education, Cloud, Hardware and Support) offering and complexity of implementations
- Outstanding business analysis, change management, creative and critical thinking, individual resourcefulness, problem solving, presentation, facilitation, mentoring, coaching and communication skills
- Demonstrates motivation and drive with a hands-on approach, in an international and fast-paced growth environment
- Independent and able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a geographically dispersed team environment requiring tasks to be performed outside of the normal office hours to accommodate global time zones
- Must be expert in PM methodology and execution. Should be conversant with Next Gen SaaS implementation methodologies
- Ability to positively influence people in such a way that others follow and act willingly
- Able to manage multiple priorities and working in a matrix organization
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking) is a must
- 30% travel