WSP, an award?winning and innovative multi?disciplinary engineering consulting firm has an opening for a Plumbing and Fire Protection Engineer for our New York office. WSP works closely with architects and owners from around the world on large, complex projects with a focus on sustainability and energy performance of the built environment. Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, local, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out. WSP offers excellent growth opportunities: Many of our senior leaders started out as young engineers in our firm. Responsibilities:
- Development of initial Pluming and Fire Protection system concepts.
- Design of Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
- Calculation of preliminary water, gas, sanitary/sewer and storm loads for utility coordination.
- Develop project specifications.
- Survey and evaluation of existing conditions.
- Construction administration.
- Assist with Project Management.
- Attend client meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience designing plumbing and fire protection systems for the built environment. Project experience submitted for consideration should include buildings on which you have actively participated in the project from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
- Strong working knowledge of building, plumbing, and fire codes.
- Revit software design experience.
- PE and LEED AP is preferred, CPD is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
- Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have successfully demonstrated innovative design experience specifically related to renewable energies and sustainable, high performing buildings.