Ulteig is seeking talented and motivated candidates for an experienced Professional Land Surveyor in our Williston, ND office.
What You'll Do
The primary responsibility as a Professional Land Surveyor will be to oversee the daily operations of their respective team in the preparation of the survey deliverables to internal and external clients from inception to completion. These tasks may include but are not limited to; coordinating and assisting survey field crews, supervising and overseeing the preparation of the work product deliverables that will be issued to various clients, and verifying that they are complete to the professional standards of practice for land surveying.
Client and project management will be a part of the preparation process to ensure those deliverables are within budgetary and time constraints. The position will require management and coordination of numerous internal and external survey projects, simultaneously, and interaction with clients on a regular basis.
What We Expect from You
- Current Licensed Professional Land Surveyor in one or more states
- Associate's degree or Bachelor's Degree in Survey Technology or related field
- Certified Federal Surveyor training or certification (a plus)
- 10+ years of progressive survey experience in the field and office environment
- Proficiency with deployment and management of individuals using survey field data collectors, robotic and manual total stations and GPS units and field data processing software
- Advanced knowledge of survey field measurement strategies
- Personal proficiency with, and experience training others in the use of Survey CADD software
- Advanced knowledge of Public Land Survey System principles, section subdivision, Platting, easement deliverables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel 50%+
- The ability to instruct/coach survey staff and crew members on project approach and execution
- Safety certifications (OSHA 10, First Aid /CPR)
- Must have authorization to work permanently in the U.S.
- This position is 50/50 office/field based and requires the ability to lift to 50 pounds and work outdoors in changing weather conditions
- Valid Driver's license