The PLM Systems Administrator/Software Engineer provides leadership and technical expertise for the suite of applications used by Harris Corporation to enable the Product Life Cycle Management business processes. As a technical expert on a team implementing PTC Windchill PLM solutions, this position will champion combining business requirements and software capabilities into a cohesive and optimized toolset and PLM roadmap.
This role performs systems analysis, design, configuration, and development in the Windchill PLM application to drive continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Act as a technical expert for the PTC Windchill product suite to analyze, evaluate, develop, and implement system solutions to meet requirements.
- Develop new or enhanced methods and techniques to resolve problems.
- Comfortable working within cross functional teams, contributing to the overall planning of projects, recommending approaches, identifying resources, and developing timelines.
- Effectively communicate issues and alternative solutions. Takes initiative to achieve value added results and improve upon solutions offered.
- Analyze business goals, rules, and processes across various information systems tools and technologies specifically within PTC Windchill PLM system.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents and problems within the Windchill PLM system.
- Perform system diagnostics, troubleshooting and ongoing day-to-day system maintenance.
- Provide end user support, training and mentoring.
- Support application architecture and software upgrades.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Engineering Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or technology related field and a minimum of 6years of related experience.
- 3 or more years of experience with Java, JSP, Windows server administration, and SQL queries.
Additional skills/tools considered a plus:
- Working knowledge of Oracle or SQL Developer and CAD Systems, XML, HTML, PTC Creo preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, problem solving skills, communication skills, and a willingness to work with teams and individuals.
- Must demonstrate the ability to learn new skills, meet deadlines, embrace new technologies, and follow processes.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be customer focused and service oriented.
- Experience gathering and interpreting requirements to develop solutions.
Job ID: CHQ20182106-25499