As a PLM Solution Architect, you will help shape the next generation of engineering software and fulfill Design Technology’s mission to accelerate the pace of product development across our whole portfolio of vehicle, energy and solar products.
To fulfill its goal, the Design Technology team is injecting some core software engineering principles in the mechanical engineering world. We are:
- Making the design work more efficient by developing state of the art tools.
- Driving better decision making by ensuring that design data is broadly available.
- Accelerating design iterations by shrinking the feedback loop.
Your role as a PLM Solution Architect will be to lead the design and implementation of our technical vision. You will interface with business stakeholders, developers, and program managers to determine the best solutions to Tesla’s need.
The ideal candidate has a proven experience with Product Lifecycle Management system, a deep understanding how complex product are design, manufactured and serviced and experience with solution development in those contexts.
- Provide technical and architectural direction for the PLM system and technical staff.
- Develop detailed technical specifications for solutions to business challenges.
- Prepare and present trade-off analyses for technical decisions.
- Interface with IT professionals to stand up server and network solutions for the PLM system.
- Interface with business analysts and stakeholders to understand the needs of the business.
- Coordinate with Project Management to highlight risks and technical constraints.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technologies and trends relevant to the PLM space.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering and software architecture design.
- Experience of designing/ handling data between different applications.
- Efficient communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes.
- In-depth understanding of coding languages (Java, Python, C, etc.) and design patterns.
- Project management and leadership skills.
- Experience with the 3DExperience Platform and its product.