PLM Software Engineer
Work for the undisputed leader in the Marine Industry! Mercury Marine, a Division of Brunswick, based in Wisconsin offers a unique, fun and rewarding work environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance in the Marine segment of the recreational industry. Mercury’s work environment is fast-paced, competitive and high-energy.
As part of Mercury Marine's Product Development & Engineering organization, the Mercury Digital Services group provides offers a unique, exciting opportunity for product lifecycle management professionals. The Mercury Digital Services group maintains and enhances Mercury Marine's award-winning PLM systems and, as a consultancy, shares leading PLM practices by assisting client companies in other industries around the world.
Roles and Responsibilities:
·Develop customizations for PLM software using C/C++/Java/AngularJS
·Install and Upgrade PLM environments
·Troubleshoot PLM technical issues at various levels like installation, deployment, configuration, server side and client-side issues etc.
·Implement PLM/CAD interoperability strategies
·Develop migration strategies from various systems into PLM
·Gather requirements from process SMEs, and develop technical solutions
·Support system administrator tasks as required such as system upgrade test and validation, and end user support
·Travel to customer locations as required
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Programming experience required in one of C/C++/C#/Java, usage of Git/SVN/CVS
- Experience in SDLC either Waterfall or Agile
- Development experience using Eclipse, Visual Studio or one of the standard IDEs
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Scripting Languages (Perl/Python) a plus
- Knowledge of Databases, Server Setups, Hardware analysis, and Performance tuning a plus
- Exposure to cloud-based applications development a plus
- Exposure to product development processes in a manufacturing company
- Exposure to design and modeling concepts a plus