Are you someone who has hands on experience with PLM(Product Lifecycle Management) Architecture? If say yes then the below opportunity is for you.
Job Tittle : Engineering PLM and Design Applications Lead Architect
Job Location : Richardson, TX
Job Type : Full-Time Position
A Engineering PLM and Design Applications Lead Architect is a strategic position that partners with key stakeholders in the organization to create leading edge, well-defined technology plans and solutions that are aligned to Companies IT and Business Strategy. This role will focus on Engineering Design Applications, PLM, CAD, Integration between PLM and ERP, and various engineering simulation platforms that are either custom developed or packaged applications. A background in Engineering Applications such as PTC Windchill, Siemens Teamcenter, and custom engineering applications (using .Net and JAVA based applications) is a must have.
- Builds strategic technology roadmaps in collaboration with enterprise-wide stakeholders
- Identifies challenges, opportunities and gaps in the business process and helps build technology strategy and plans to address them
- Defines business use cases that support the company's operational business initiatives
- Investigates technologies and conduct proof-of-concepts (POC) to meet the business use cases
- Identifies and communicates risks (business, application, technical) associated with component or application implementation at the business level and enterprise level
- Participates in business and architecture planning sessions and anticipates future business and architecture changes and strategies
- Develops an understanding of market positioning, visioning and solution value add
- Responsible for devising solutions, solution architecture descriptions, and subsequent monitoring and governance of their implementation
- Translates business objectives and processes into a conceptual architecture that describes key functional and non-functional requirements
- Works with Enterprise and Application Architects to ensure business process is considered during technical design
- Accountable for quality of the solution through the SDLC process
- Oversees development of solutions by onshore or offshore resources; provides technical coaching and mentorship of resources
- Documents the "as-is" business process and uses business process reengineering techniques to identify and unclog process bottlenecks
- Facilitates business process review meetings with the business stakeholders
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strategic and Tactical Planning, Business Case Development and ROI calculations, Enterprise Architecture, Domain Architecture, Vendor Evaluation, Systems Integration
- Wide-ranging experience and advanced knowledge in the following areas: Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Product Data Management (PDM), Computer Aided Design (CAD), Computer Aided Engineering (CAE), Bill of Material (BOM) Management, Model Based Design and Model Based Enterprise
- An implementation background in various PDM/PLM platforms - Solidworks EPDM, Siemens Teamcenter, PTC Windchill ? is a must have.
- Experience in 3D modeling, CAD support, API keys and front end coding is desirable.
- Programming: C++, Visual Basic, ASP.NET, Java
- Successful upgrade of CAD and PLM platforms
- Previous experience as an Applications Support Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, or PLM/CAD application administrator
- Must have participated in developing technology proof of concepts
- Experience with key architecture frameworks, patterns and methods
- Broad knowledge of and experience with a wide variety of application technologies, platforms, and tools including web-based systems, databases, middleware/integration technologies, security, and infrastructure.
- Proven track record of building technical and business relationships with managers and executives
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and external resources, where and when needed, to do what's right for the customer and for the organization
- Explores new technology and trends with particular emphasis on the engineering domain
- Recognizes and manages technical, organizational, and project risks; not shy about bringing issues to the forefront
- Strong consulting, leading, and mentoring skills
- Ability to lead projects with an end-to-end view into planning, execution, testing, and deployment
- Business acumen to properly understand priorities, make decisions, take risks, and not fear failure
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- High level of motivation, self-starter, excellent at follow-up, team-player with ability to deliver within defined timelines, work under limited supervision and oversight
- Domain experience - Heavy Manufacturing and Shop floor Industry, Industrial Machinery, Discrete Manufacturing
- 8-10 Years domain experience - prefer consulting background and experience
- Willing to travel periodically based on business need