Recommend new and trouble shoot current electronic, electrical and mechanical systems, including hydraulic, pneumatics and robotics on N/C equipment, as well as machinery and equipment with microprocessors (PLC’s) and/or sophisticated control systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for programming, repairing, troubleshooting and maintaining programmable logic controller (PLC) systems and hydraulic/pneumatic systems.
- Proficient in Programming, troubleshooting and performing repairs on PLC systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance or repairs on more advanced production equipment.
- Perform breakdown analysis.
- Provides accurate and immediate hands on trouble shooting and repair of manufacturing equipment.
- Participates in routine Preventative/Predictable Maintenance.
- Uses machining, electrical and mechanicaltrade skills to complete daily tasks.
- Troubleshootingelectrical and hydraulic systems.
- Provide manufacturing support for electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Knows hydraulic relationships such as pressure, flow, efficiencies, power.
- Knows applications of various hydraulic components.
- Knows and understands hydraulic schematics.
- Must be able to read, electrical, hydraulic and wiring print.
- Understanding of electronic circuitry and electrical schematics.
- Understands mechanical power relationships such as horsepower, torque, speed, ratios.
- Maintain and install piping, fittings, valves, gauges, traps and all types of controls for high and low pressure hydraulic systems and steam and air lines.
- Must possess problem solving skills. Able to analyze and solve production problems, and making decision as in priority order.
- Complies with all company safety rules and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent. Minimum of two to five years of trade school in hydraulics, electronics and mechanical maintenance or equivalent on the job training.
- Journeyman preferred.
- Minimum of two to five years of trade school in hydraulics, electronics and mechanical maintenance or equivalent on the job training with proven results. Journeyman preferred.
- Proficient with PLC control logic programming and troubleshooting.
- Strong understanding of high pressure hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Must be able to work any shift.
- Must be able to work overtime with little or no notice.