PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recommend improvement initiatives to increase up time on equipment.
- Resolve related problems, exercising good technical judgment in planning and organizing hands-on efforts.
- Troubleshoot and lend technical support for automated manufacturing processes and equipment
- Assess available options for technology and equipment throughout various areas of manufacturing operations.
- Plan facility improvements for effective equipment utilization and product processing.
- Support lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Participate on project teams as required.
- Create and maintain hardware documentation for all automation equipment.
- Evaluate and test new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and established guidelines.
- Develop new programs, modify or edit existing programs for control processors and HMI's.
- Maintain and control current back up programs for all control processors and HMI's for the plant.
- Serve as a LAN administrator and/or provide back-up support.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships, while working collaboratively with cross-functional business teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and experiencepreferred
- Minimum 5 years programming and troubleshootingexperience with PLC automation and related controls
- Knowledge of PLC systems and Systems Control Technologies, including in depth knowledge of Allen Bradley, RSLogix , RSLinx, RSView, DeviceNet, Ethernet, and other network based I/O systems
- Proficient in programming and modification of new and existing PLC's and HMI's
- Ability to prioritize and interpret work requests and work orders
- Ability to organize, plan and schedule preventative and ongoing maintenance work to avoid disruption of production operations
- Ability to develop training material and provide training to management, maintenance technicians and users
- Minimum intermediate computer skills required (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to lift 50lbs
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Manufacturing Safety knowledge a plus
- Ability to work flexible schedules when required, which may include weekends and holidays.
Shift 1 (United States of America)Full or Part Time
Brasscraft is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.