As a seamlessly integrated part of the BCG network, we provide consulting services focused on the development and implementation of business-critical IT architecture and digital solutions. We create technology platforms and deliver exceptionally customized solutions of the future for our clients, from data strategies to next-generation customer journey solutions and transformational business models. We solve the most daunting challenges that companies face today and envision for tomorrow. Our style is entrepreneurial – nimble and innovative, with multifaceted, cross-functional teams and completely vendor-independent. Our unique selling proposition is technology expertise and delivery excellence.
Platinion was founded in 2000. Since then, we have grown continuously and successfully. Today we have offices in Europe, North and South America, Asia Pacific and Africa.
Practice Area Profile
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group’s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design.
We support our clients’ total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion’s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
What You'll Do
At BCG Platinion, we’re bringing design to the front line of business challenges, creating work that solves problems in novel, feasible, and desirable ways. Our Agile team addresses clients’ most critical challenges, enabling them to build Agile enterprises that are more nimble and focused on business value. Our team thrives on helping organizations achieve more – drive better outcomes, achieve faster time-to-market, and enable teams to work smarter rather than harder. Our In this role, you will apply deep expertise, practical experience, and battle-tested transformation practices, to guide organizations in increasing organizational agility, promoting rapid innovation, and delivering real customer value.
Senior IT Consultants/Managers, Agile at BCG Platinion are:
- Collaborative. They are interdisciplinary team players who seek alignment and establish relationships ranging from cross-functional stakeholder groups to existing teams.
- Agile Experts. They have a deep understand of the conceptual theory behind Agile methodology and can leverage this knowledge to drive meaningful client impact and tangible results.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. They know the path forward isn’t always well-defined. They are comfortable and confident working through the unknown.
- Technical experts. They are critical thinkers and have extensive IT expertise that drives novel solutions routed in complexity.
- Pioneers. They are up-to-date with the latest in Agile learnings and innovative techniques and push their clients to pilot best-practices that will set them apart from competitors.
- Change agents. They know how to make change happen across an organization. They can align and onboard teams to implement new Agile processes and toolsets. They embrace complex challenges and guide an organization to optimize best practices.
You’re Good At:
- Working with 1-3 scrum teams as part of a cross-functional joint BCG-client team – collaborating closely with Agile teams, their managers, leadership, and shared services and control functions
- Providing training on Agile concepts, values, culture, behaviors and practices
- Engaging in hands-on coaching
- Working side-by-side with ‘coaches-in-training’ in an apprenticeship model to help our clients develop their internal coach workforce
- Analyzing and evaluating functional and technical IT architectures
- Developing functional concepts
- Evaluating and selecting IT product
- Restructuring technology organization and core processes
- Conducting technology product management and quality assurance
- Delivering IT due diligence, assessments, recommendations, and future-state designs
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- BA/BS in information technology, business administration, computer science, business management, or system controls or a related field
- The following certifications:
- Scrum Alliance (CSM/CSPO/CSD/CSP)
- Scrum.org (PSM/PSPO/PSD)
- SAFe Scaled Agilest
- PMI-ACP is desired, but not required
- Experience with DevOps, testing, test automation, and TDD a plus
- 4+ years of experience as an Agile practitioner, having worked in or on Agile teams, or equivalent experience helping business executives to adapt their behavior or mindset
- Industry experience as a scrum master, product owner, or coach preferred
- A team-oriented mindset with a track record of successful collaboration, and can bring that experience to an interdisciplinary team of diverse clients, BCG stakeholders, and engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to effectively engage with individuals one-on-one and in a group setting
- Experience developing client relationships through coaching
- A passion for driving change, teaching, coaching, collaborating with and enabling others in business and technology
- A flexible attitude and strong business intuition for solving complex problems and identifying innovative solutions
- Professional and rigorous work ethic, with the highest ethical standards and strong judgement
- Willingness to travel around the globe to work with clients and BCG teams. At times, this role involves significant travel to client sites. The amount of travel will depend on client needs and nature of projects